Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rishikeshtiwari
Creator
Creator

QlikSense How to Show all the Selected Values of a field in Different Text Object with a fixed Seq

Hi, I have a requirement , I have a Field like Country and having 10 Values. Also, there are Ten Text Object in a fixed Sequence/Order. 

Country Field Values

US,UK,IND,FRANCE,CHINA,CANADA,BRAZIL,RUSSIA,SWZ,AUS

Now We have 10 Text Objects in the same Sequences. 

My requirement is that when I select US then Value in First Text Object should visible with US. When I am selecting US & UK then value in first text should show US & 2nd Text object should show UK. 

Suppose I have Selected the Country AUS only then value should be populate in 10th Text object at the fixed sequence and 10th position.

Suppose I have Selected US, IND and AUS all these 3 then value should be populate in the First (US), Third (IND) and Tenth (AUS). It means the order of the text objects should be fixed for one as well as multiple selections. Also for all the Selections values should be populate by first to 10th Text object in the fixed fomat like

US >> UK>> IND >>FRANCE..... > SWZ  >AUS

Thanks

Rishi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rishikeshtiwari
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you so much Tim. This solution is working fine.

Regards

Rishi

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Tim_Wensink
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello Rishi,

If think you have to fill every text object/kpi with a formula that checks the selected value in Country and then shows that country. You could fill the kpi's with:

1st one:

=if(wildmatch(GetFieldSelections(country),'*US'),'US','')

2nd one:

=if(wildmatch(GetFieldSelections(country),'*UK*'),'UK','')

3rd one:

=if(wildmatch(GetFieldSelections(country),'*IND*'),'IND','')

If i do this, it works:

clipboard_image_0.png

Please note that the labels of my kpi's are empty (filled with =' ') and that the formula for the first kpi is different from the rest ('*US' versus '*UK*'). The reason for this is that if RUSSIA is selected, US is also detected if you use '*US*'.  Will this help you out?

Greetings, 
Tim Wensink

rishikeshtiwari
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you so much Tim. This solution is working fine.

Regards

Rishi