Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ansarikashif2017

[QlikSense] - Impact of using a Set Analysis variable in a Table on the no of rows displayed

Hi All,

In one of our app, we have a Radio Button for Monthly and YTD Values.

In both cases, user selects a Reporting Month to see the data.

In case of Monthly selection, the user needs to see all rows pertaining to the month selected in Reporting Month. The measure is just a simple Sum(Fees).

In case of YTD selection, the user needs to see all data from start of the year to the month selected in the Reporting Month. We have used Set Analysis in our YTD variable.

vYTDFees = sum({<[Reporting_month]={">=$(=yearstart([Reporting_month])) <=$(=[Reporting_month])"}>} [Fees])

vMonthlyFees = sum({[Fees])

The probelm we are facing is that when we use this variable in our table, it shows us all YTD data even if the user has selected Monthly i.e. if we select Mar-2019 in Reporting Month and Monthly in Reporting Period, it shows us data from Jan-2019 to Mar-2019.

One possible solution is we can use VizLib Containers and Show/Hide Table based on Monthly/YTD selection. But we have seen performance degradation with containers and want to avoid it.

Attached is a sample QS app to demonstrate the issue.

Let us know if any other simpler way of doing this? 

Labels (1)
1 Reply
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Your monthly and yearly data look to be same at the backend. So, there has to be a way to tell qlik what different to calculate when diff reporting period is selected. I don't anything such in your sample app; I just find one expression without amy condition.