Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sirpod90
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikSense June: On-demand-app generation does not work with larger dataset

Hello everybody,

I am facing at the moment a really weird problem.

I have setup a master and a template app. It works quite fine if I select one or several entities. But if I select a larger range of objects or description field what refers to a larger amount than 100,000 objects, than the on demand app plugin does not start working.

The demand app plugin shows me a green light, so everything should be ok, but if I click on generate app nothing happens.

2017-08-22 14_36_58-DataExtractor_Cluster_11_new - Filter _ Arbeitsblätter - Qlik Sense.png

Is anybody else facing the same problem, or is this a bug?

Thanks and regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sirpod90
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I got now an answer from the Qlik Support.

They have and hard coded limit of max. 50 MB what can be transfers from the master app to the template app via HTTP.

So all request with more objects than that limit will run into an error: "Payload too much".

That means for me the On-demand-app-generation is a nice gimmick but for bigger data not usable

Also I don't think HTTP is right protocol/technique for this purpose, if I already have all my data in memory....

View solution in original post

1 Reply
sirpod90
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I got now an answer from the Qlik Support.

They have and hard coded limit of max. 50 MB what can be transfers from the master app to the template app via HTTP.

So all request with more objects than that limit will run into an error: "Payload too much".

That means for me the On-demand-app-generation is a nice gimmick but for bigger data not usable

Also I don't think HTTP is right protocol/technique for this purpose, if I already have all my data in memory....