Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikSense - Sheet thumbnail issue

This is in regards to QlikSense.  Please see attached for screenshots.  I am wondering if there is a way that the Sheet thumbnails in the "Everyone" stream (or any other stream that gets published to) can show the dynamically generated thumbnail image that basically mimmicks what objects are on that sheet.  From what I can tell this thumbnail only exists in the "My Work" stream (unpublished environment) but does not propagate to published streams.  Thanks.

5 Replies
sarahplymale
Creator
Creator

Did you get an answer?  I have the same question.

Not applicable
Author

No I have not, so at this time I'm assuming the functionality doesn't exist.

gwoodard
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

This is also of interest to me if anyone has a solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have not found a system option so what I did was took screenshots of the images added them to the image library and used them as the thumbnail on the published versions.  It's a bit fiddly but unless you are creating a lot of published apps all the time it is manageable.

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Check out Butler Sheet Icons, which is an open source tool that I released a beta version of the other day.

It's a command line tool that automates the process of creating sheet thumbnails based on the actual layout of each sheet. 
The tool basically takes a screen shot of each sheet, uploads the images to a content library and finally set the sheet icons using those uploaded images.

The tool is currently in beta version but works pretty well. Feedback appreciated!

https://github.com/ptarmiganlabs/butler-sheet-icons

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!