cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leonaschaaf
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikSense Tree Map second dimension grouping doesn't work upon open

In one of our apps we're using a tree map which contains 2 dimensions. The expressions in the dimensions use a date variable which can be defined by the app user. The variables contain default dates.

When we open the app, the expressions are correct for the first dimension. But the second dimension is the total amount for the first dimension. When we change the dates to a different date, then change it back to the previous dates the tree map is showing the correct information.

Example:

We want to show the status of an e-mail optin for 2 different dates. The groups can be "new", inactive optins", "red alert" etc.

The first dimension is showing the groups for the first date (e.g. 1-2-2018) and the second dimension is showing the group for the 2nd data (e.g. 1-3-2018).

Upon opening the app it says:

102.06k optins for first dimension group "inactive optins" and second group "new". 

When I change the second date to 1-4-2018 and then change it back to 1-3-2018 I get the correct numbers:

102.06 k optins of which 74,42k are now still inactive and 27,07k are "New" and 561 are "red alert"

Is this a bug in the november 2018 version? Or is there something we could be doing wrong?

Labels (4)
3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post a small Qlik Sense app with some example data that demonstrates the problem?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ImkeStarrenburg
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Gysbert, 

I'm a colleague of Leona and was preparing the app for you to look in to.

So I coppied the original app and prepared a smaller dataset. When testing the copied app, the app now seems to work as we wanted. 

I don't know what happened in the app, since I didn't change any of the variables, formalas or what so ever, but it now works. Hopefully the issue stays fixed, otherwise we will re-raise the question : )

kind regards,

Imke

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it working now.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand