Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikSense and VM fusion

All - i am using Qlik on my mac.  I have installed VMfusion - but when I run Qliksense - it hangs with the nice bubbles...And takes a huge amount of my mac disk space....- nearly 400 gig! 

So my question is how can I get Qliksense working with VMfusion and not stealing all my disk space...?

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Henry,

I have Qlik Sense running on my Mac Book Pro on Windows 10 Preview under VMware Fusion 7.

I have 4GB allocated to the VM and up to 60GB of disk space and 2 virtual CPUs.  Performance is great and no disk explosion like you are seeing

Can you confirm what environment you are running this in eg Windows and Fusion versions?  Also which version of Qlik Sense?

Kind regards,

Rod

Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much for your response. You know I am a huge qlik fan having

worked there for 5 years!

Let me describe my problem. I have a qvf file from an old colleague that I

need to open. I have put the file in c:\temp my settings.ini looks as

follows;

InterfaceLanguage=English

NumberOfDocuments=0

DocumentTimeout=60

DocumentDirectory=c:\temp

StandardReload=1

MarginTop=20

CurrentQVConnect64Loc=C:\Users\HENRYS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\QVConnect\2.0.1\QvConnect64.EXE

CurrentQVConnect32Loc=C:\Users\HENRYS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\QVConnect\2.0.1\QvConnect32.EXE

When I try to open the app (either by putting the data in the c:\temp

folder - or the apps\ folder...i cannot.

So simple question - how can I use the qvf file... ? what are the steps -

I think I have done everything I should....?

Regards

*Henry Seddon *

/ VP EMEA

hseddon@duosecurity.com

(+44)7802 625653

DuoSecurity.com <https://duosecurity.com/>

Not applicable
Author

I noted that the following file is created...in the appbackup directory...

- 20150707T083025.000-0400.Market 360 2.0.89.qvf

Regards

*Henry Seddon *

/ VP EMEA

hseddon@duosecurity.com

(+44)7802 625653

DuoSecurity.com <https://duosecurity.com/>

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henry,

The default location for qvf files is C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps.  If you place the file in here and then restart Qlik Sense it should be visible in the Qlik Sense hub.  I do note that you have appear to have changed this in your settings.ini and so c:\temp is probably okay.

As long as you can see the model in the Qlik Sense hub you have two options, you can double-click to open the file or you can open the file without any data.  If the normal process still fails then I would suggest trying to open the document without any data and then see if you can diagnose the issue.

To open a file without any data right-click on the model in the Qlik Sense hub and select "Open without data".

It may also be worth ensuring you are using the latest version of Qlik Sense which is 2.0.1.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Rod