Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikSense how to use DrillDown master-item in Peek formula

Hello,

How to point Master-item drill down dimension in Peek() formula?

I have few time grain standard dimensions: Year (named 'YearDim'), Quarter ('QuarterDim'), Month(MonthDim).

I also created Y>Q>M drill-down master-item dimension called ('YQMDim').

I have variable called vTimeGrain which I'm using do change time dimension of my chart.

Chart has dimension defined by formula:

Pick(Match('$(vTimeGrain)','YYYY','QQ','MM'),YearDim,QuarterDim,MonthDim)

It works fine when I'm using 'standard' dimensions, so when vTimeGrain equals 'YYYY' - chart uses 'YearDim', when vTimeGrain equals 'MM' chart uses 'YearDim' and so on.

When I'm trying to point drill-down dimension 'YQMDim' in my formula, dimension is not changing

Pick(Match('$(vTimeGrain)','YYYY','QQ','MM','YQM'),YearDim,QuarterDim,MonthDim,'YQMDim')

It selects YearDim, QuarterDim, MonthDim but not YQMDim

Is it possible to use drill-down master-item in such a formula????

Is there special notation for calling master-items??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Tomasz,

Master Items cannot be made use of in the expression editor and hence you cannot refer to them. A drill down master dimension acts a dimension itself and this cannot be used in the pick statement. This is the reason why you are not able to refer to it.

The master Items being derived dimensions and measures are calculated during the runtime only. They do not reside physically like the date field. And I would not say that this is a limitation as its totally possible if you develop a custom visualisation and implement the functionality you mentioned.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Sangram.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Tomasz,

Master Items cannot be made use of in the expression editor and hence you cannot refer to them. A drill down master dimension acts a dimension itself and this cannot be used in the pick statement. This is the reason why you are not able to refer to it.

The master Items being derived dimensions and measures are calculated during the runtime only. They do not reside physically like the date field. And I would not say that this is a limitation as its totally possible if you develop a custom visualisation and implement the functionality you mentioned.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Sangram

Unfortunately, I expected such a response. However I wanted to check that I realy cannot refer to master-item dimension in such a formula.

Thanks. Tomek

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Tomasz,

Though its not possible implicitly, you can create an extension to achieve this.

Thanks,

Sangram Reddy.