Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

[Qliksense] Load xlsx from path

Hello,

I'm trying to load an XLSX file in my load script in Qliksense 3.0.

I've found on the forum multiple post about this issue but whatever I try it fails.  The error msg is "cannot open file *filepath*"

There is my load script

LOAD

column1,

column2,

column3

FROM 'F:\path\to\folder\myFile.xlsx'(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Feuil1);

I've tried without the "(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Feuil1)" (which is the one generated by Qliksense when I load the xlsx by lib connection).

Can you help me ?

Thanks

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

I think QlikSense requires a different way to load the data by creating a connection.

Capture.PNG

Because of this connection that is created, the whole path is not required. There might be a way to use the complete file path, but I am not sure how to do that.

sunny_talwar

I think this link might be helpful

Qlik Sense Legacy mode

Not applicable
Author

I've deactivated the "standard mode" as instructed and load files from a path works perfectly.

I want to load my extern files (xlsx, etc.) from a variable then I need to load them from a path.. The folder connection could work but hide the path from my GIT solution and I lose track of it.  Really I need to load the files from a path and it seems to work fine in Qview then why not in Qsense ???

sunny_talwar

I am not sure I understand your issue, can you try to re-explain?

Not applicable
Author

No problem, sorry if I was not clear.

I need to load an excel file from a path in the load script and not with a lib connection (folder connection in Qsense).  The reason is that I want to parametrize the path automatically to detect if I'm on my production or test server.  Then I have a variable to define my folder home path.

There is an example code:

SET vDwhHome ='F:\path\to\folder\'

LOAD

column1,

column2,

column3

FROM $(vDwhHome )\myFile.xlsx (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Feuil1);

If there is a syntax error it is not important, I tried every version of a valid syntax and at the end I even tried my full path load like this:

LOAD

column1,

column2,

column3

FROM 'F:\path\to\folder\myFile.xlsx'(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Feuil1);

And the error is "Cannot open file ...".  It seems to be impossible to load an excel file from a path in Qsense... It appears to work in Qview just fine..