Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Make your voice heard! Participate in the 2020 Wisdom of Crowds® Survey. BEGIN SURVEY
elliotmdebruyn
New Contributor

R Script Syntax Help

Hello,

I am trying to get a working time series forecast in Qlik Sense.  At first I tried the Advanced Analytics Toolbox, but the time series components of that extension are broken and do not work as intended.  I was able to do the analysis that I wanted in R Studio as a proof of concept, and now I want to reproduce the results in Qlik Sense.  The goal is to get ARIMA forecast predictions for each future month.

I have been able to get simple R scripts to work such as:

R.ScriptEval('variable = q$test; variable',

Sum([REVENUE]) as test

)

and the data is properly sliced by the dimension in the line graph.

I have written the following analysis in R which correctly creates and ARIMA model and forecasts future periods:

library(forecast)

library(ggplot2)

#Monthly

arima = read.csv("diagm.csv")

vals = arima$rev

vals = as.numeric(vals)

tsobj = ts(vals, start = c (2014, 10), end = c(2018, 5), frequency = 12)

##ARIMA

ar = auto.arima(tsobj, ic = "bic")

ar

fc = forecast(ar, h = 12)

fc

autoplot(fc) + ggtitle("Monthly Revenue Forecast") + xlab("Month") + ylab("Revenue") +

scale_y_continuous(labels = scales::comma)

By dissecting the code of others I think that my Qlik Sense R script is close, but it is not yielding results.  Right now my best try is:

R.ScriptEval('

library(dplyr);

library(forecast);

data = ts(na.omit(q$Measure), frequency = 12);

fit = auto.arima(data);

res = forecast(fit, h = 12);

as.double(res$mean)',

Sum(REVENUE) as Measure

)

Please let me know if you are familiar with forecasting with R in Qlik Sense or if my coding errors are apparent.

Thanks!

1 Reply
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Re: R Script Syntax Help

Hello Elliot, I have been trying the same with unfortunately very dismal results. Could you tell me what error the R server is showing when you're applying this script? Also, please share the dataset if you can.