Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elliotmdebruyn
Contributor
Contributor

R Script Syntax Help

Hello,

I am trying to get a working time series forecast in Qlik Sense.  At first I tried the Advanced Analytics Toolbox, but the time series components of that extension are broken and do not work as intended.  I was able to do the analysis that I wanted in R Studio as a proof of concept, and now I want to reproduce the results in Qlik Sense.  The goal is to get ARIMA forecast predictions for each future month.

I have been able to get simple R scripts to work such as:

R.ScriptEval('variable = q$test; variable',

Sum([REVENUE]) as test

)

and the data is properly sliced by the dimension in the line graph.

I have written the following analysis in R which correctly creates and ARIMA model and forecasts future periods:

library(forecast)

library(ggplot2)

#Monthly

arima = read.csv("diagm.csv")

vals = arima$rev

vals = as.numeric(vals)

tsobj = ts(vals, start = c (2014, 10), end = c(2018, 5), frequency = 12)

##ARIMA

ar = auto.arima(tsobj, ic = "bic")

ar

fc = forecast(ar, h = 12)

fc

autoplot(fc) + ggtitle("Monthly Revenue Forecast") + xlab("Month") + ylab("Revenue") +

scale_y_continuous(labels = scales::comma)

By dissecting the code of others I think that my Qlik Sense R script is close, but it is not yielding results.  Right now my best try is:

R.ScriptEval('

library(dplyr);

library(forecast);

data = ts(na.omit(q$Measure), frequency = 12);

fit = auto.arima(data);

res = forecast(fit, h = 12);

as.double(res$mean)',

Sum(REVENUE) as Measure

)

Please let me know if you are familiar with forecasting with R in Qlik Sense or if my coding errors are apparent.

Thanks!

1 Reply
adityadey123
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello Elliot, I have been trying the same with unfortunately very dismal results. Could you tell me what error the R server is showing when you're applying this script? Also, please share the dataset if you can.