Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikecherry
Contributor III
Contributor III

Rangesum showing only at year end

Hi all,

I am trying to use rangesum and I want to sum just what's happened during that year for the column called "Preferred Returns".

I want also to show that amount in another column (Called "Preferred Returns" too) against the 31/12 of each year.

This is the formula I am using for the circled section (See the picture below):

above(Rangesum(above(sum(Calls+[Gross Investment Distributions]),0,rowno())),1)*$(vPrefReturnRequired)*((Date#(Date)-above(Date#(Date)))/366)

Capture Rangesum.PNG

Attached you can find the app. 

Please let me know if you can help me with this.

Thanks

Labels (3)
15 Replies
mikecherry
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

If you have time to help me with this would be really appreciated 😄 !!!

sunny_talwar

I will see what I can do. This is fairly complicated and it might take some time to build this out completely.

mikecherry
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

OK no pressure :D. I knew it was almost impossible to achieve through the front end 😞

sunny_talwar

One issue that I see is that the return is a user input... if we do it in the script it will have to hard-coded in the script... or anytime a user wants to change its value, the dashboard will have to be reloaded. Would that work for you?

mikecherry
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes it is fine. 

sunny_talwar

Try this

[Table]:
LOAD Year,
     Date,
     If(Mod(Year(Date), 4) = 0, 366, 365) as NoOfDaysYear,
     If(Date = Floor(YearEnd(Date)), 1, 0) as YearEndFlag,
	 [Calls],
	 [Gross Investment Distributions],
     RangeSum([Calls], [Gross Investment Distributions]) as [Cash Flows]
 FROM [lib://Desktop/Test Carry.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

FinalTable:
LOAD *,
	 If(YearEndFlag = 1, RangeSum(Peek('**bleep** Prev Cumulative Cash Flows'), [Prev Cumulative Cash Flows]), Peek('New **bleep** Prev Cumulative Cash Flows')) as [New **bleep** Prev Cumulative Cash Flows],
	 RangeSum(Peek('**bleep** Prev Cumulative Cash Flows'), [Prev Cumulative Cash Flows]) as [**bleep** Prev Cumulative Cash Flows],
	 RangeSum([Cumulative Cash Flows], If(YearEndFlag = 1, RangeSum(Peek('**bleep** Prev Cumulative Cash Flows'), [Prev Cumulative Cash Flows]), Peek('New **bleep** Prev Cumulative Cash Flows'))) as [New Cumulative Cash Flows];
LOAD *,
	 Date - Peek('Date') as Days,
	 RangeSum(Peek('Cumulative Cash Flows'), [Cash Flows]) as [Cumulative Cash Flows],
     (Peek('New Cumulative Cash Flows') * $(vPrefReturnRequired) * (Date - Peek('Date')))/NoOfDaysYear as [Prev Cumulative Cash Flows]
Resident Table
Order By Date;

DROP Table Table;

Users can change the rate on the front end and trigger a reload to see changes to preferred returns