12/10/2018

12/10/2018

Instead of this calculation

StartDate

EndDate

ExcludeWeekendHoliday

12/10/2018

12/10/2018

I tried including -1 after $(vHolidays) but I don’t think that’s the best way to do it

[Exclude Days]:
LOAD Concat(Chr(39) & [Dates Off] & Chr(39), ',') as Holidays
;
LOAD *
INLINE [
Dates Off,
12/24/2018,
12/25/2018,
]
;

Let vHolidays = Peek('Holidays');
DROP Table [Exclude Days];

tblCalculation:
Load
StartDate,
EndDate,
NetWorkDays(StartDate, EndDate, $(vHolidays)) as ExcludeWeekendHoliday
Resident Supply ;
Drop Table Supply ;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

The NetWorkDays() includes both the start and end date when calculating.

To get a expression smarter than just subtracting a single day you will need to decide if you want to exclude the start or end day from your interval. When you done that I see two possible methods for solving your problem. Feel free to check them out.

1, reducing your interval. Adding one day to the start day or subtracting one day from the end day will reduce your number of days correctly. I'm not sure what will happen if you calculate the single day example NetWorkDays(today(), today()-1).

2. Adding the start day or end day of your interval as an custom holiday in the third parameter in the NetWorkDays().

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What are you trying in this variable? "vHolidays"

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Vegar
MVP
MVP

The NetWorkDays() includes both the start and end date when calculating.

To get a expression smarter than just subtracting a single day you will need to decide if you want to exclude the start or end day from your interval. When you done that I see two possible methods for solving your problem. Feel free to check them out.

1, reducing your interval. Adding one day to the start day or subtracting one day from the end day will reduce your number of days correctly. I'm not sure what will happen if you calculate the single day example NetWorkDays(today(), today()-1).

2. Adding the start day or end day of your interval as an custom holiday in the third parameter in the NetWorkDays().