Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
BARC’s The BI Survey 19 makes it official. BI users love Qlik. GET REPORT
Partner
Partner

Removal of values in KPI/ Line chart/ Pie chart without limiting filter capablity

Hi all,

I have a table with a column named "basket" containing many repeated values of 1,2,3,4,5. (Egg baskets with a different number)

Each row represents one egg.

I want to have a dashboard ONLY concerning the dimension which values are 1,2 and 3. (I want to omitted 4 and 5 completely)

For example, i want to count the total number of eggs in baskets 1,2 and 3. I want to present this data as a KPI.

Measure: count({$<basket={'1'}>} basket) + count({$<basket={'2'}>} basket)  + count({$<basket={'3'}>} basket)

Next, i want to create a pie chart to show the proportions of eggs among baskets 1,2 and 3.

Dimension: basket

Measure: count({$<basket={'1'}>} basket) + count({$<basket={'2'}>} basket)  + count({$<basket={'3'}>} basket)

When the user clicks on a pie (say basket 1), i want the KPI created originally to change its value to counting the eggs in basket 1 rather than all three baskets. How do i go about this without loading a new table which omits basket 4 and 5. Am i going about this wrongly.

Regards,

Gaston

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
micheledenardi
Valued Contributor

Re: Removal of values in KPI/ Line chart/ Pie chart without limiting filter capablity

Hi Gaston,

first of all change your pie chart expression from:

count({$<basket={'1'}>} basket) + count({$<basket={'2'}>} basket)  + count({$<basket={'3'}>} basket)

to:

count({$<basket={'1','2','3'}>}basket) //it's more elegant

and then use if() with getfieldselections() formula to achieve your goal, so this is the formula for the kpi:

=if(isnull(GetFieldSelections(basket)),

'# of 1,2,3 basket' & chr(13)& chr(13)&count({<basket={'1','2','3'}>}basket),

'# of '&GetFieldSelections(basket)& 'basket' & chr(13)& chr(13)&count(basket))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
micheledenardi
Valued Contributor

Re: Removal of values in KPI/ Line chart/ Pie chart without limiting filter capablity

Hi Gaston,

first of all change your pie chart expression from:

count({$<basket={'1'}>} basket) + count({$<basket={'2'}>} basket)  + count({$<basket={'3'}>} basket)

to:

count({$<basket={'1','2','3'}>}basket) //it's more elegant

and then use if() with getfieldselections() formula to achieve your goal, so this is the formula for the kpi:

=if(isnull(GetFieldSelections(basket)),

'# of 1,2,3 basket' & chr(13)& chr(13)&count({<basket={'1','2','3'}>}basket),

'# of '&GetFieldSelections(basket)& 'basket' & chr(13)& chr(13)&count(basket))

View solution in original post

Partner
Partner

Hi Michele,

Thank you it worked! May i bother you by asking you the functions of '# and chr(13)

Regards,

Gaston

micheledenardi
Valued Contributor

chr(13) is the ascii code for carriage return.

# is the abbreviation of "number"