Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sicdude
Contributor III
Contributor III

Remove unwanted fields

I have a multi source load script that concatenates a lot of fields into a single "datatable" one of the sources is not going to be used anymore.   I tried to re-load the script with that piece commented out, but when I relaod the data it is looking for the "trr_recordid" field that I do not want or need anymore.  It may actually look for more of them but it's only bombing on that first field for now.  The end result is that I want to replace that piece of script with a new similar but completely different data source. 

original script

Concatenate
LOAD
trr_recordid,
carrier,
member# as trr_member#,
trr_ymdeff,
trr_ymdend,
text(prov#) as prov#main,
date(ymdreviewstart) as ymdfilter,
ymdreviewend,
recordvalue_int,
tool,
tool_abbr,
question,
question_weight,
excludefromscoring,
nationalstandard
FROM [lib:/ZZZ//xxx.qvd]
(qvd);

New script

Concatenate
Load
countyid as saa_countyid,
carrier,
date(rptyear) as ymdfilter,
prov#2 as prov#main,
q_num as saa_mems_hit_threshold,
q_den as saa_mems_schitz_diag,
q_percent as saa_num_div_den,
q_avg as saa_mem_score_avg,
q_low as saa_mem_score_low,
q_high as saa_mem_score_high;

select a.countyid,
b.carrier,
a.rptyear,
a.prov#2,
q_num,
q_den,
q_percent,
q_avg,
q_low,
q_high
from zzz a
inner join xxx b on a.countyid = b.countyid;

6 Replies
QlikTom
Employee
Employee

The most likely reason is that somewhere else in the script is looking for "trr_recordid". 

If that is the issue, you may use the search tool to investigate where else in the script this field may be mentioned so you can deal with it accordingly. 

sicdude
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thank you for your quick response, but this is not the case.  this was the only spot in my load script that used that "trr_recordid" field name.   I believe that it is bombing out when the autogenerated piece is trying to run.   I'm afraid to unlock the autogenerated piece for fear of it not allowing me to load other data properly in the future

QlikTom
Employee
Employee

Ah, my best guess would be that this field is called for in the autogenerated section.

The autogenerated section is managed by the Data Manager.
As such, you can safely investigate this without unlocking it by using the Data Manager to look around.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/latest/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/data-management.h...

As always, I would recommend duplicating the app first before making any changes. 

Another option is to use the Debug Tool in the Data Load Editor to find exactly where the field is mentioned and/or when the script breaks.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/latest/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/debug-data-load-s...

sicdude
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

so yes, that field and about 10 others that I do not want/need anymore are listed in the autogenerated section.  How can I go about removing them without affecting any future data loads?   

autogen.png

QlikTom
Employee
Employee

Go to the Data Manger (if you are on an earlier version of qlik sense, this will be under the Navigation menu in the upper left)

1) Once there click on the "Tables View"
2) Locate the table that has the fields in it you no longer need, and click the pencil icon to edit.

qliktom_0-1593462871215.png

3) In that table, click "Select data from source"

qliktom_1-1593462908518.png

4) uncheck the boxes for the fields you no longer need. 

qliktom_2-1593462942050.png

5) Click update in the lower right. 

qliktom_3-1593463128525.png

After that you should be able to load your data.

Keep in mind any calculations, measures, dimensions, and chart will not work if they had a dependency on a removed field. 

I hope this helps!

sicdude
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Darn, I thought we might be on to something but when I click on edit table, the "Select data from source" is not available to click on.   it's there, but it's greyed out