cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Retaining a Total Value in a Calculation

Hi I'm trying to fix a total to then display my selections as a %.

So the challenge is I  have set analysis as follows:

=(sum({$<USAGE_CHARGE_GROUP= {'VOICE'} >} ACTUAL_DURATION)/60)

Which gives me the total minutes where the USAGE_CHARGE_GROUP =  Voice. Want I want to be able to do is make a selection e.g. Calls to Italy and then the selection number of minutes to be divided by the Total minutes to show the % of total minutes that were calls to Italy.

I'm unable to get this to work.

Hope this is clear?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

That's worked nicely guys - thanks, appreciated.

Just in terms of describing this behaviour to colleagues am I right in saying that any field added after the set analysis condition is set i.e. those in red  will be excluded from the set analysis and that many fields could be added?

Sum({$<USAGE_CHARGE_GROUP= {'VOICE'}>} ACTUAL_DURATION)/Sum({$<USAGE_CHARGE_GROUP= {'VOICE'}, CALL_CLASS,USAGE_CALL_GROUP>} ACTUAL_DURATION) 

Kevin

View solution in original post

17 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is the name of the field where you select Calls to Italy? May be you need this (assuming the field is called CallLocation)

=(Sum({$<USAGE_CHARGE_GROUP= {'VOICE'}, CallLocation>} ACTUAL_DURATION)/60)
kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for the prompt reply Sunny. I think that exhibits the same behaviour that  I'm currently seeing.

My dashboard shows the total number of minutes and when I select the "Call location" it obviously updates the minutes in context to the selection made, in a separate KPI I want to express the number of minutes for the "Call Location" as a % of the overall minutes. e.g. Calls to Italy 1,000 minutes, overall minutes = 10,000 therefore 10% of the minutes are calls to Italy.

What I can't figure out is a way to retain the overall minutes so  I can use that as denominator. 

Kevin 

sunny_talwar

So, if this is in a KPI, something like this should work....

Here, I am assuming that you will be looking at this by marking selection in CallLocation field.

=(Sum({$<USAGE_CHARGE_GROUP= {'VOICE'}>} ACTUAL_DURATION)/60)/
 (Sum({$<USAGE_CHARGE_GROUP= {'VOICE'}, CallLocation>} ACTUAL_DURATION)/60)

Numerator should filter based on the selection in CallLocation, but the denominator should ignore selection in CallLocation and should show the ACTUAL_DURATION from all locations. Isn't that what you want?

kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes that's what I'm trying to achieve Sunny - I need to try that out so will get back to you when I get a chance to have a look

PrashantSangle

Try with TOTAL keyword. Also you don't required to divide by 60 while calculating %
Try below

=Sum({$<USAGE_CHARGE_GROUP= {'VOICE'}>} ACTUAL_DURATION)/
Sum(TOTAL <CallLocation> {$<USAGE_CHARGE_GROUP= {'VOICE'}>} ACTUAL_DURATION)

Regards,
Prashant Sangle
Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
sunny_talwar

@PrashantSangle wrote:
Try with TOTAL keyword. Also you don't required to divide by 60 while calculating %
Try below

=Sum({$<USAGE_CHARGE_GROUP= {'VOICE'}>} ACTUAL_DURATION)/
Sum(TOTAL <CallLocation> {$<USAGE_CHARGE_GROUP= {'VOICE'}>} ACTUAL_DURATION)

Regards,
Prashant Sangle

TOTAL in a KPI object? How is that going to help in a dimensionless KPI object? or did I miss the part that this was needed in a table? 🙂

PrashantSangle

I think i missed out that he required it in KPI Smiley Tongue. You are correct in this case he have to nullify the location field.

But you don't required to divide it by 60 in both numerator and denominator.  

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
sunny_talwar

@PrashantSangle wrote:

But you don't required to divide it by 60 in both numerator and denominator.  

Agreed 🙂

kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Guys  - the dividing by 60 is turning seconds into minutes