Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alberto_cuozzo_
Contributor II
Contributor II

Rights on App or part of it using QlikSense Business 30 days free

Is it possible using this QlikSense to apply the correct right on whole App or single object?

For istance: I wanto only some user to see the App or only some user to see some objects. I want moreover only some user to export data and chart.

Thank you for helping me on that

Alberto

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Hi! I assume you have Qlik Sense Cloud in mind. If so:

1. You have three streams, you can publish apps to streams and give users access to one or more streams. So, yes, you can decide which apps users can use.

2. Giving access only to a part of the app is not possible. This can be done with section access which is not enabled in the Cloud.

3. If an user has access to an app then he/she can export data and you cannot restrict that.

vizmind.eu

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Hi! I assume you have Qlik Sense Cloud in mind. If so:

1. You have three streams, you can publish apps to streams and give users access to one or more streams. So, yes, you can decide which apps users can use.

2. Giving access only to a part of the app is not possible. This can be done with section access which is not enabled in the Cloud.

3. If an user has access to an app then he/she can export data and you cannot restrict that.

vizmind.eu
alberto_cuozzo_
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Ivan for your reply.

You see in the screen-shot here enclosed what appears when I open my Cloud Environment.

You say I have up until three streams in order to publish different Apps for different users.

You can see in the left side, of the screen-shot here enclosed, I have only one stream (Flusso) where I can post my App. Is that given I'm using a trial version? Or can I create other stream maybe?

I noted also that the graphic objects (histogram for istance) can be modify in their features by the user that got access to the App. Is that normal?

Thank you one more time

Ciao

Alberto

Il 21 febbraio 2018 alle 10.25 Ivan Bozov <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com> ha scritto:

>

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

I cannot see your screenshot, can you post it again?

vizmind.eu
alberto_cuozzo_
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This is the screen-shot I mentioned above

Thank you Ivan

Qlik Sense AC env_.JPG

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

This is the free cloud. It is free forever and you can share with up to five people in one stream.

You can click on the link in the upper right corner and subscribe to Cloud Business. They will ask for you credit card details, but it will be free for 30 days. Uncheck the field for automatic renewal if you don't want to continue after the trial period.

In Cloud Business you will have one workspace and three streams. Users with access to the workspace can edit apps. Users with access to the streams can only view the content. You can also give people access to the workspace and one or more streams at the same time. However, keep in mind that you need to purchase seats for the users as well. Let's say you want to have 10 people (you + 9 users) in your Cloud Business subscription, then the cost would be:

10 users * 12 months * $15 user/month = $1800/year.

Again, the first 30 days are free for you and all users you invite. Check this video for more info: Qlik Sense Cloud Business - Orientation Overview - YouTube

vizmind.eu
alberto_cuozzo_
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much Ivan for all your time and info you are giving me (Very interesting YouTube video)

I have used in the past Qlik View and I guess to get the possibility to write down some VBscript in the specific area is necessary to work in QlikSense Enterprise. Is that correct?

Thank you again

Alberto

alberto_cuozzo_
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ivan.

I was trying to fill the form to get Qlik Sense Business 30 days free following your suggestion in case no to renew after 30 days

I enclose a screen-shot where you can see highlighted in yellow what I think is the check-box I have to uncheck. Is it correct or I have to check this box go ahead and uncheck some other field in the following pages?

Thank you

Alberto

Check_Uncheck field.JPG

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, I don't understand what's written there in Italian, but if I remember correctly you will be able to mark the field after you register. Also Qlik has a very helpful support and they will be happy to assist you in case you have any troubles.

vizmind.eu
alberto_cuozzo_
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ivan

In order to buy the correct QlikSense Version please help me about the following questions:

1. Is it possible to use the selections inside the red rectangle renaming them or using them for our needs?
  2. Is it possible to hide the area named "Il mio lavoro"?
  3. Is it possible to hide the selections hightlighted in yellow?
  4. Can I rename the area named "Racconti"?
  5. In the Basic version is it possible to export data of the APP for a person that is sharing my stream?

I enclose a pair of screen-shot.

I'm in a test Qlik Sense Basic environment and if you want I can give you the credentials in order to see directly the APP for a better understanding.

I need to know what is the correct version of Qlik Sense before buying.

Thanks a lot as usual

Regards

Alberto

HOME.JPG

RACCONTI.JPG