cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Running Total

Hello All

Please tell me if it is possible or not in Qlik Sense.

Need your help on urgent basis

For calculating the running total I am using the below formula. It works perfectly fine for me

rangesum(above(TOTAL sum(Cases),0,rowno(TOTAL)))

The issue is that when I choose the particular month it shows only Current Month data. I want if the person filter out any month it sum all the data till current month

For E.g. (Attached Snapshot)

Suppose if I choose/Filter March 2014 it shows total 60. Currently it shows only 20

Please advise

Regards

Deepanshu

15 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is the expected output from this sample you have provided?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks sir for spending your time in resolving my query.

I have only three column in my actual data set... Month, Count and Cases

I have calculated the running total based on your formula in Qlik sense Visualization and it is working fine. If I select any particular month it sums all the previous month values in the current month.

Hence in the straight table I am able to calculate the % as ( Cases for particular month)/ Running total of particular month.

But if apply the same formula in KPI, it is not taking the running total. Instead of that it picks the particular month count which is causing the issue..

I want a formula which picks the running total in denominator for KPI so that I can able to calculate the % of particular month

Please let me know if it make any sense to you...

sunny_talwar

Like this?

Capture.PNG

Expression:

Sum(Cases)/Sum({<Active_Date = {"$(='<=' & Date(Max(Active_Date), 'M/D/YYYY'))"}>} Counts)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes sir.. This is exactly what I want... I must say u r genius.

Just one more query.. Is it possible to calculate the % for a complete multiple months simultaneously..

sunny_talwar

Not sure what you mean when you say this -> Is it possible to calculate the % for a complete multiple months simultaneously

Can you elaborate please?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sir

I have few more queries. Kindly help me please

Regards

Deepanshu

Running Total with filters