Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Same expression but different results

Dear Community,

Can someone give me a hint why the same expression give different results when I use it in pivot table & text box?

QlikSenseProblem.PNG

The result in the pivot table is the correct one but I don't understand why using a text box give me a wrong result.

The data is loaded from QVDs and all expressions show correct results, compared to original QlikView application, except the one expression above. Did someone has a hint or idea what could be the problem ?

Best regards,

Ronny

PS: Unfortunately I can't share the QVF or reproduce the error in a separate file until now.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ronny

My first thought was that ItemCode is a key between two tables, and then Count( ItemCode ) is not well defined. The reason is that the engine doesn't know in which table to make the calculation. So, you need to use Count( disitnct ItemCode ) or Count( CopyOfItemCode ) instead. But then I saw that you have the same problem with ItemName...

Anyway, the way partial sums are calculated has in fact been changed in the new QIX engine. So any new "unwanted" behaviour is extremely interesting for us at Qlik. After all, it could be a bug. So If you still have this problem, I would be very interested in learning more, or maybe get a copy of the app (or a subset of it) to investigate the problem. Naturally we will treat it confidentially. Mail me directly if you want to.

HIC

View solution in original post

20 Replies
vikasmahajan

will you able to give  expressions what you are using for arriving this value ?

expession which you use in text is same like used in pivot ?

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Vikas,

Yes, expressions are exactly the same, I also replaced the pivot table expression by copy and paste but results are not changing.

Pivot table     = 397701

Text box     = 6426

Count({<[FY]={$(=Max([FY]))}>} ItemCode)

Could this be a bug ?

Regards,

Ronny

vikasmahajan

Hard to say anything sample cab you post sample qvw

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable

Please provide the app, it would be much easier to answer

Not applicable

Hi,

I your data model, do you have others fields in the item table ? (i.e. : ItemLabel). If so, what appens if you use count on it ?

r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Xavier,

yes, [ItemName] is also available and return the same results like [ItemCode].

Pivot table     = 397701

Text box     = 6426

Regards,

Ronny

r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Alexandra

Unfortunately it's not possible to share the application.

I tried to create a sample file but I couldn't reproduce the problem.

Regards,

Ronny

Not applicable

What's the result returned by the KPI object ?

Regards,

Xavier.

r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Xavier,

I apologize for my late reply.

KPI object also return same value(6424) like text object.

I have absolute no idea why result of text/kpi object is different then pivot table/table when using same expression.

Regards

Ronny