Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Section Acces

Hi, expert

I would like to know how be managed the section acces in sense?

thank you a lot

Fernando

1 Solution
10 Replies
vikasmahajan

Hii ,

Using Section Access you can manage security in Qlikview You can provide tab wise sheet wise access to particular user

Please find attached demo Login admin password admin

Please study the same good luck.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Thank you vikas, but all you post is in qlikview 11 version, I want to know how be managed in sense, not in qlikview 11 or other version,

thank you

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Thank you Michael

i see that is very similar to manage section acces in the qlikview 11 version, there is any big change or limit

thank you a lot

Fernando

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Cool - let us know how you do

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Fernando - I apologize - I re-read your post - are you asking - if there is any changes or limitations - if so - currently there isn't any "hidden script" capability - however that is not really needed - since you can control the apps using security rules. So whomever "needs" access to the see the section access script - should be a content admin, and can be locked down to just that one app also - security rules are very powerful.

Also I believe they have removed some security table fields - being that the process is done a little differently. Overall securing the data should be as similiar to QlikView 11.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Both links come up with a Page not found error, can you update the links?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sean, thanks for the update:

Here are the new links:

https://help.qlik.com/sense/1.1/en-US/online/index.html#../Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/Security...

I contacted our doc dept. to find out how we can make this experience better, it seems that when the doc gets updated certain links are now broken.

In the mean-time - one can search the new doc and use some keywords in the search taken from the URL, for example I searched for "Managing security with section access"

or

"Dynamic data reduction"

https://help.qlik.com/sense/1.1/en-US/online/index.html#../Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/Security...

Hope this helps

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Thanks. Also, I was looking at security rules and I see in the help menu there is a list of resource filters, but I do not see a list of all of the object types. Do you have a list of these? I am trying to understand how to customize user access and rights to streams, app creation, sheet creation, stories, etc, etc, and how to combine them in different ways to customize security. I have watch a few videos but there seems to be a few gaps. Can you assist?

Kind Regards ,

Sean