Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliksunil
Partner - Contributor III

Section Access Data Reduction, is it a Myth or Actual Data get reduced

HI Qlik Team,

I have a real world question. I have an application for 40 Different clients. And i am putting Section Access for Data Security as well as for performance improvement.

Here performance improvement is a real deal as i have 40 different clients data and i am showing the information in a mash up using different extensions. 

I have just one question. When a user is being given access to 1 single client and he\she opens the Dashboard will the application will only contain that client's record or it will load with all client's record and the user will not be seeing those other client's records.

e.g. In the single application these are the amount of Data.

1st Client - 200 MB

2nd Client- 300 MB

3rd Client- 400 MB etc.

If User A has given access to 1st Client, and when User A opens the Dashboard will the application loaded at his Web Browser with 900 MB data or only 200 MB Data ???

If User B has given access to 1st and 2nd Client, will the performance of the Dashboard will be same as the User A or it will lack a bit due to access to 500 MB Data???

This is really important to know as our application performance is fully dependent on how much Data is loaded at the User's browser.

Comments greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Sunil

@Michael_Tarallo  @jagan  @swuehl  @CELAMBARASAN @Oleg_Troyansky 

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

All the data is loaded in Qlik Server and then when the user login, based on section access the user is shown the data he has access to.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
qliksunil
Author

Thanks Bill for your quick reply.

Is section access will be helpful in Performance improvement as i have given the example?

Will User A have the advantage over User B , of having 1 Client access and hence the performance of the Dashboard is good at the User end (Client Browser) ?

Best Regards 

Sunil