Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ManuelLindekeit
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access - reduction - performance/storage

Hello everyone, 

I have an ask to reduce apps for 3 user groups. Let's call them Americas, EMEA, APAC for this example. The EMEA folks don't want to see the base or community sheets that are created for APAC for example. All 3 want their own app environment. Data model is 100% the same. So I realize that with section access, I can have one app that is reduced to region by ad groups. But that way, all 3 regions still see all published sheets. My thought is to create 3 apps, one for each region reduced on region through section access. If I do that, will the app size be reduced or is it still the size of all regions? In QV there was an "initial data reduction" option which I do not see in Sense. If I'll have the entire app 3 times that way I am concerned of wasting space and memory. 

Input is appreciated! 

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The Section Access data reduction is dynamic. All the data is loaded into memory. The user gets access to a sub set of that data based on the access defined in the Section Access table. If you create three apps they'll take up three times the memory of a single app.

As an alternative you could create security rules in Qlik Sense to allow groups of users to access some sheets in an app an not other sheets in an app.  See here for more information: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Documents-Videos/Dynamic-Sheet-Exception/ta-p/1479964

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand