Please note that Qlik Sense does NOT use the password column, so I suggest you remove that.
Without knowing the username of the person trying to login and the content of your Section Access.xlsx it is kinda hard to tell you why someone does not have access. My educated guess is "because the username is not in the section access table".
As per the above comment password need not be used in the qlik sense section access;
and the thumb rule in qlik sense section access is to convert ACCESS, USERID, SALES CATEGORY into upper case before using it in the section access..
and terminate section access with key word SECTION APPLICATION..
I have a working section access logic which I have pasted below..
I have used QVD's you can remove that and load directly from the excel as I have done in the first step
tmp: LOAD "ACCESS", upper(opd) as USERID, UPPER("Cost Centre") AS [COST CENTRE] FROM [lib://QS_Cost_Center (opd_f29121)/Copy of Cost Centre Manager list_Test.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);
STORE tmp into [lib://QS_Cost_Center_QVD (opd_f29121)/temp_test_300.qvd];
drop table tmp;
tmp_sec: LOAD "ACCESS", "USERID", "COST CENTRE" FROM [lib://QS_Cost_Center_QVD (opd_f29121)/temp_test_300.qvd] (qvd);
I am new to Qlik Sense, followed the Qlikview examples to implement this.
I am having few doubts :
1. As you have mentioned "convert ACCESS, USERID, SALES CATEGORY into upper case before using it in the section access". Did you mean by the column headers or the content. As per my understanding it should be content of the corresponding field.
- and 'ÚPPER' works in capitalising content under the fields (Correct ??) Which I have already done
-but my field name all through the app is Sale.Category so please suggest should I make it in 'uppercase' everywhere
2. Can you please elaborate how to terminate section access with key word SECTION APPLICATION
So If I ll go by my code following changes will help me to get rid off from the error
1. Convert the content and the headings used in the section access to upper case. Since you are loading the section application with sales category this will connect to your factual data so the other table which has the sales category also need to be in upper case.
2. once the section application statement is encountered the section access logic gets completed... whatever you are loading below section application is just like any other table load.
if you can provide sample data I will write the logic and test in a sample app and send it across... also please be sure of how you are populating the USERID .. mine is OPD\F29121 OPD is the domain name...