Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Highlighted
UserID2687
New Contributor III

Section access is not working by connecting MYSQL Qlik Sense

Hi,

* is working fine when implementing section access by inline table.But I am trying to implement section by connecting with SQL, but i am not getting correct result for * while retrieving data from MYSQL for sectionaccess. 

Below is sql table values

Capture.PNG

Here admin and user009 should see all the data and user123 should see sales_123 part alone, but in my dashboard all users can see only sales_123. '*' is not working here for admin and user009.

Section Access;

LOAD

ACCESS,

USERID,

upper(SALES_ID) as SALES_ID;

SQL SELECT * FROM MYSQL_DATABASE.TABLE_NAME;

Section application;

Load

SALES_ID,

SALES_NAME,

AMOUNT

from sales_table;

Please help me to achieve * from MYSQL in section access

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterVanOers
New Contributor III

Re: Section access is working Qlik Sense

Hi,

I’ve been struggling with this also.

The * gives access to records is your table, in your case SALAES_123. To give the admin user access to all records, change the access from USER to ADMIN en  clear the * in the field SALES_ID.

This works for me.

And of course keep user id values uppercase. But it seems you have that.

I would also clear the * in the SA_SCHEDULAR record, so that the account van read all of the records.

Hope thishelps you out.

Peter.

1 Reply
PeterVanOers
New Contributor III

Re: Section access is working Qlik Sense

Hi,

I’ve been struggling with this also.

The * gives access to records is your table, in your case SALAES_123. To give the admin user access to all records, change the access from USER to ADMIN en  clear the * in the field SALES_ID.

This works for me.

And of course keep user id values uppercase. But it seems you have that.

I would also clear the * in the SA_SCHEDULAR record, so that the account van read all of the records.

Hope thishelps you out.

Peter.