Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator

Section access on QlikSence

Hi All,

QlikSense has the capability to implement the section access? If not, any other way to restrict the data for users?

Thanks.

Sridhar

9 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

It does have the capability, but it is not available in desktop , just server. Some of the specifics are a little different.

http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.1/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/Security/dynamic-da... data reduction

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

The above link is not opened for me, it is showing an error.

Any inputs? Thanks.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Sridhar,

Section access is totally functional in Qlik Sense Server. You will not be able to use it in the desktop version, but works exactly the same as in Qlikview does on the server.

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Friends,

The above responses are helpful, however it would be helpful if any video is there to show QlikSense QMC information where we need to give section access information.

I have seen couple of videos for QlikSense QMC, however there were no information for section access tab.

Anyone who access your QMC, can provide steps how to do it? or any video if available.

Thanks alot.

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Dear Sangram and all,

Thanks for the above appropriate replies and i have gone through the videos and understood few things about QMC.

I did not find the exact location where i need to enter my section access table. Will it look something like QlikView QMC/Users/Section Access Management?

Or completely different? I am using two fields in my section access table, i need to update this table in QlikSense QMC.

If not, do we have any other way to restrict the data?

Thanks a lot for your patience.

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Experts,

Can any one help me on this requirement?

Thanks for your time.