cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Security rule to exclude sheet

I want to remove the access to the Sheet named "Master" in all apps. The target set of users to remove the access from, do have access to it simply because they have access to the stream. I am pasting the Stream's security rule code:

(resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read")) or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true" and resource.objectType != "app_appscript" and resource.objectType != "loadmodel") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))

What do I have to do to remove the access?

I guess what needs to be done is add with AND a subcondition of the sheet name NOT being "Master". What is the syntax? Something like AND !(resource.resourcetype = "Sheet" AND resource.name="Master")?

3 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

follow the instructions of Masaki hamano on this link: Sheet level Section Access in Qlik Sense ??

gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I would rather not have two security rules.

I have managed to achieve what I needed by using this:

Stream rule:

(entire_original_rule_code) and (resource.name!="Master")

This indeed hides the "Master" Sheet. However, I don't want things OTHER than the SHEET named so to be hidden.

If I try:

(entire_original_rule_code) and ((resource.objectType!="sheet") and (resource.name!="Master"))

then it hides all sheets!?! Is there an error in my logic? Why does it do that?

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Actually I'm not a Qliksense QMC Pro.. It's not a tool I'm using everyday. but I'm sure mto‌ can help you on this