cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Selecting blank fields in set analysis

Hello everyone!

In my script I have several orders. Each order must have an assigned planner-field name: InternalServPplanNome

Sometimes it happens that there are orders without assigned planner.

In one of the KPIs I'm looking at, I need to select some orders according to the planners, including those that have no planner assigned. How can I identify a blank field in set analysis?

Right now I have something like this, but it's not working ...

Count({<InternalServPplanNome={'MANUEL','JOAO',''}>}InternalServReadyLateDisp)/Count(InternalServReadyLateDisp)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

6 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

in Script, you can try this:

if (isnull(InternalServPplanNome),'NA',InternalServPplanNome) as InternalServPplanNome

then in Set analysis, you can use it as

Count({<InternalServPplanNome={'MANUEL','JOAO','NA'}>}InternalServReadyLateDisp)/Count(InternalServReadyLateDisp)

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Most likely your fields are NULL values and not actually empty strings, alternatively they contain a blank space. Add the field into a filter pane an confirm if you can see the 'blank' values there or not.

If you can not see it then it is a NULL value, which means it has no defined value. For this scenario you can apply something in line with Shraddas suggestion below, to populate the null values, with either a visible value or empty string.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank You Shraddha. It seems a good idea.

I've tried it and, while loading data, everythings wents ok, but then, in the application, these 'NA' didn't appear and I still have null values...

Capture.PNG

Do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you!

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

try

if (len(InternalServPplanNome)<2,'NA',InternalServPplanNome) as InternalServPplanNome

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Toni. That's the case: I can't see the 'black' values in a filter pane. I can only find then when I have a table, for example with the orders and the planner.

I'm trying to load Shraddha's suggestion.

Thank you!

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Hi

shraddha's solutions will work but it's always advisable to use length(trim(InternalServPplanNome))=0 instaed of ISnull() as it will select blank as well as null.

Learning never stops.