Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

sofiavaz
Contributor

Selecting blank fields in set analysis

Hello everyone!

In my script I have several orders. Each order must have an assigned planner-field name: InternalServPplanNome

Sometimes it happens that there are orders without assigned planner.

In one of the KPIs I'm looking at, I need to select some orders according to the planners, including those that have no planner assigned. How can I identify a blank field in set analysis?

Right now I have something like this, but it's not working ...

Count({<InternalServPplanNome={'MANUEL','JOAO',''}>}InternalServReadyLateDisp)/Count(InternalServReadyLateDisp)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

6 Replies
shraddha_g
Honored Contributor III

Re: Selecting blank fields in set analysis

in Script, you can try this:

if (isnull(InternalServPplanNome),'NA',InternalServPplanNome) as InternalServPplanNome

then in Set analysis, you can use it as

Count({<InternalServPplanNome={'MANUEL','JOAO','NA'}>}InternalServReadyLateDisp)/Count(InternalServReadyLateDisp)

Employee
Employee

Most likely your fields are NULL values and not actually empty strings, alternatively they contain a blank space. Add the field into a filter pane an confirm if you can see the 'blank' values there or not.

If you can not see it then it is a NULL value, which means it has no defined value. For this scenario you can apply something in line with Shraddas suggestion below, to populate the null values, with either a visible value or empty string.

sofiavaz
Contributor

Thank You Shraddha. It seems a good idea.

I've tried it and, while loading data, everythings wents ok, but then, in the application, these 'NA' didn't appear and I still have null values...

Capture.PNG

Do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you!

shraddha_g
Honored Contributor III

try

if (len(InternalServPplanNome)<2,'NA',InternalServPplanNome) as InternalServPplanNome

sofiavaz
Contributor

Thank you Toni. That's the case: I can't see the 'black' values in a filter pane. I can only find then when I have a table, for example with the orders and the planner.

I'm trying to load Shraddha's suggestion.

Thank you!

pradosh_thakur
Honored Contributor II

Hi

shraddha's solutions will work but it's always advisable to use length(trim(InternalServPplanNome))=0 instaed of ISnull() as it will select blank as well as null.

Learning never stops.
Community Browser