Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
BARC’s The BI Survey 19 makes it official. BI users love Qlik. GET REPORT
sofiavaz
Contributor II

Selections made in the expressions without preventing selection from the filter panes

Hi all!

In order to have a selection of data made by default, the solution I got was to select them in my expressions. For example:

Count({$<MillAlloc={"X"},AllocYear={"$(vCurrentAllocYear)"} ,AllocWeekYear={"<=$(vLastAllocWeek)"}, InternalServPfeYn={"N"},InternalServExternalPi={"N"},MarketRegionCd={'EU', 'ROE'},InternalServReadyLateDisp={"Y"}>}InternalServReadyLateDisp)/(Count({$<MillAlloc={"X"},AllocYear={"$(vCurrentAllocYear)"} ,AllocWeekYear={"<=$(vLastAllocWeek)"}, InternalServPfeYn={"N"},InternalServExternalPi={"N"},MarketRegionCd={'EU', 'ROE'}>}InternalServReadyLateDisp))

Now the problem is that I want to continue giving the user some freedom to select options in fields that I have filtered by default. For example, the user is only seeing MarketRegionCd = {'EU', 'ROE'} when he opens the application and may want to select MarketRegionCd = USA.

Do you know if this is possible?

Every help is welcome! Thank you!

3 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: Selections made in the expressions without preventing selection from the filter panes

You can create unions and intersections between the current selections and the set expression selections

MillAlloc += {"X"} // union of current selections and set selection "X"

AllocYear *= {"$(vCurrentAllocYear)"}  // intersection of current selection and set selection

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sofiavaz
Contributor II

Re: Selections made in the expressions without preventing selection from the filter panes

Thank you Jonathan.

It seems to be working for the field selections I made in my set expression. For example, if I write MarketRegionCd * = {'EU', 'ROE'} I can see only EU or just ROE, which was not possible before, but I still can not see results for another MarketRegionCd...

Do you have any Idea what I might be doing wrong? Thank you

sofiavaz
Contributor II

Jonathan, now I've tried this expression MarketRegionCd += {'EU', 'ROE'} and, for this tipe of field, it seems to work better than the intersection*.

The problem is that I may not always want to continue seeing the EU and ROE market Region Cd and that's what's happening... Do you now how to solve this issue?

Thank you!