Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Sense Desktop not authenticating

Good afternoon. 

I noticed a few days ago, a few times during the day, my desktop authentication 'hangs' at the cloud screen instead of opening my desktop hub. I am on September 2019 version. Normally I close and reopen the session or at worst I need to reboot my machine. Today the problem persists and I cannot get into my local hub. 

When starting Sense, the authentication screen appears and I enter my credential. Instead of authenticating and showing my local hub, it takes me to the cloud hub, which really has nothing in it.

At one stage I thought it may be my network speed, but a speed test shows it should be fine. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue and what resolved it? 

Cloud screen.JPG

speedtest.JPG

Thank you. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

I@Swqlik01. I just tried your workaround, and it works. I will continue with this new an improved method. Thank you very much.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Support
Support

This is a known issue, R&D is on it.
https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000059227

Daniele - Senior Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

I am currently having the same problem. It takes me to the cloud hub. I have restored and reinstalled the Desktop application, but doesn't work.

Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

I had the same issue, switched the laptop to airplane mode to kill internet access & it did the trick.

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

I@Swqlik01. I just tried your workaround, and it works. I will continue with this new an improved method. Thank you very much.

Highlighted
Support
Support

This is a known issue, R&D is on it.
https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000059227

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Thank you Daniele. I will forward this link to some people who I know are experiencing the same problem. 

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Thanks Daniel, now working.

Highlighted
Support
Support

The issue is now fully resolved. Thanks for the patience!

Partner
Partner

Looks like it. I authenticated for the first time today about 3 hours ago, and it works as it should. Thank you for the update..