Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sense - Not all dims showing in scatter plot

Hi! I have a scatter plot in Qlik Sense and I'm having trouble getting all of my dimensions to show on it. Before you ask, yes, there are less than 1000 dim elements (I think the total is around 200). FWIW, the Y axis shows avg employee age, the X axis shows avg salary, and the dimension is department.

The value that I know is missing for sure should be the highest salary, way to the right on the X axis (it's the org's president's department). But, even if I drag the chart to the left, the value doesn't appear. Interesting, though, if I filter my data to only the president's department, then his department appears on the chart (it's a drill dimension so what I then see are the job titles for his department).

Does this sound familiar? Any ideas on how to get all the dims to appear on the chart?

Thanks!

Ben

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Benjamin, I would analyse the data using a table and see if the values are nulls or zeros.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Benjamin,

This sounds strange. Never happened with me. Are you making use of 3 measures(Where the  third measure is the size of the bubble). If so, if the third measure is zero it would be displayed as a "X" on the plot. This could be a reason so that you are not able to spot it.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Sangram, thanks for the idea but I have no 3rd measure. I just manually set the bubble size.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Analyse the data using filters or a table to check the ones which are missing. This should help you to trouble shoot the issue.

Thanks,

Sangram

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Benjamin, I would analyse the data using a table and see if the values are nulls or zeros.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

There is a limit to number of points currently able to be displayed in a scatter chart see here for details.

Re: Sense Limitations - Number of points in a scatter plot

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You got it, Sangram. When I changed the chart to be a table it showed that the data for some of the dimension elements was null on one of the measures. That caused it to not show in the chart.

Thanks for the help!

Ben

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Always Welcome!