Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santhoshkasam09
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sequence of dimensions in Qlik Sense

Hi All,

I want to know if there is any way to identify the order of the dimensions of a pivot table in qlik sense.

For Example: I have below dimensions Supervisor, Handler, Month in the same sequence while creating the pivot.

Now i want to know the sequence of these dimensions after the user changes the order in UI.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Santhosh Kasam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you want to know that in one or more of the measures in your Pivot Table you can use the GetObjectField(<index>) function to retrieve the name of the dimension. <index> is the position. The index starts at 0 for the first occuring dimension and continues with 1 as the second dimension and so forth...

It reflects the current order of dimensions at all times. So I believe this is exactly what you are looking for.

You could do something like this:

If( GetObjectField(0) & '|' & GetObjectField(1) = 'Sales Person|Region' , .......

I KNOW - it is a horrible name for the function - of course it should have been named DimensionName(). Nobody could ever guess by looking at the name GetObjectField that it would give you the dimension name right?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you want to know that in one or more of the measures in your Pivot Table you can use the GetObjectField(<index>) function to retrieve the name of the dimension. <index> is the position. The index starts at 0 for the first occuring dimension and continues with 1 as the second dimension and so forth...

It reflects the current order of dimensions at all times. So I believe this is exactly what you are looking for.

You could do something like this:

If( GetObjectField(0) & '|' & GetObjectField(1) = 'Sales Person|Region' , .......

I KNOW - it is a horrible name for the function - of course it should have been named DimensionName(). Nobody could ever guess by looking at the name GetObjectField that it would give you the dimension name right?

santhoshkasam09
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Petter. That helped