Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgarcia23e
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set Analysis Clarification

Hello,

I discovered some discrepancies in some of my fields and while doing research on the forums, I came across something even more peculiar. Can someone please help me understand the difference between these measures AND how the {} syntax actually affects set analysis? Thanks in advance! 

Sum({<FoundationsFlag = {'No'}, OnboardingFlag = {'0-3 Months Onboarding'}>}AttributedGP)
+
Sum({<FoundationsFlag = {'No'}, OnboardingFlag = {'4-6 Months Onboarding'}>}AttributedGP)

vs

Sum({<FoundationsFlag = {'No'}, OnboardingFlag = {'0-3 Months Onboarding'}>
+
<FoundationsFlag = {'No'}, OnboardingFlag = {'4-6 Months Onboarding'}>}AttributedGP)

which I find the measure outcome to be similar to: 

Sum({<FoundationsFlag = {'No'}, OnboardingFlag = {'0-3 Months Onboarding', '4-6 Months Onboarding'}>} AttributedGP)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

in your particular case it may not make a difference but
wrt your 2nd set expression
Sum(<Set 1> + <Set 2> Measuer) the + is basically an or so its set 1 or set 2
so you can give conditions like

+
<FoundationsFlag = {'Yes'}, OnboardingFlag = {'4-6 Months Onboarding'}>}AttributedGP)

Hope its clearer

View solution in original post

4 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

in your particular case it may not make a difference but
wrt your 2nd set expression
Sum(<Set 1> + <Set 2> Measuer) the + is basically an or so its set 1 or set 2
so you can give conditions like

+
<FoundationsFlag = {'Yes'}, OnboardingFlag = {'4-6 Months Onboarding'}>}AttributedGP)

Hope its clearer

cgarcia23e
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for clarifying that the + is basically an or. That helps, but I'm still not sure why I'm getting different outputs with the two measures below. I would expect both measures to provide the same output since I'm looking at the same group of folks but bucketing two date ranges into one? 

Perhaps I need to add a little more detail to my original inquiry: My FoundationsFlag field distinguishes between No, Yes (doesn't include SpecialGroup), and Yes-SpecialGroup. I need to differentiate between all three groups of individuals. My first measure is more what I anticipated to see since the output is just the sum of the individual date ranges for NonFoundations folks. I can't really tell what's happening with my second measure. 

Sum({<FoundationsFlag = {'No'}, OnboardingFlag = {'0-3 Months Onboarding'}>}AttributedGP)
+
Sum({<FoundationsFlag = {'No'}, OnboardingFlag = {'4-6 Months Onboarding'}>}AttributedGP)

Output: 3.7

vs

+
<FoundationsFlag = {'No'}, OnboardingFlag = {'4-6 Months Onboarding'}>}AttributedGP)

Output: 2.87

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hard to diagnose what the issue is.  I would say something in the data

What is the output of Sum(AttributedGP) when you select the filters FoundationsFlag = No &  OnboardingFlag '0-3 Months Onboarding', '4-6 Months Onboarding'

In this case your expression 2 should return same result as this

Sum({<FoundationsFlag = {'No'}, OnboardingFlag = {'0-3 Months Onboarding', '4-6 Months Onboarding'}>} AttributedGP)

what is the output of that?

cgarcia23e
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

You are right in both cases:  I get 2.87. Perhaps it is something in the data. I'll continue validating. Thanks so much for all of your help!