Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acbishop2
Creator
Creator

Set Analysis Ignoring Selection

Hi All,

I have an expression in set notation that I need to be affected by the filter I choose. From what I understand, the {$<>} notation is supposed to be affected by the filters/selections, yet it isn't changing in this case. My expression is:

Sum({$<[Team] = {"Original"},Month = {"$(=Month($(vMaxDate)))"}>}[Lead Goal])

In other words, the value displayed should be the current month's Lead Goal for the Original Team. It gives me the correct value, but when I use my [Team] filter, it stays the same. If I select a [Team] other than "Original", I want the value to be 0.

Thank you in advance for shedding some light on this.

Aaron

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

What I understand is, the modifier {Team]={'Original'} overrides the selections in the Team field. So whatever you choose, this particular chart would not be affected by the selections in Team field. the {$<>} allows to make selections in other fields and they will impact the result.

I think you need something like this, need to test the syntax -

Sum({$(<[Team] = {'Original'}>*<Team=P(Team)>)*<Month = {"$(=Month($(vMaxDate)))"}>}[Lead Goal])

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

What I understand is, the modifier {Team]={'Original'} overrides the selections in the Team field. So whatever you choose, this particular chart would not be affected by the selections in Team field. the {$<>} allows to make selections in other fields and they will impact the result.

I think you need something like this, need to test the syntax -

Sum({$(<[Team] = {'Original'}>*<Team=P(Team)>)*<Month = {"$(=Month($(vMaxDate)))"}>}[Lead Goal])

acbishop2
Creator
Creator
Author

You did it again, Digvijay!

Here's the solution with final syntax:

SUM({$<[Team] = {'Original'}>*<[Team]=P([Team])>*<Month = {"$(=Month($(vMaxDate)))"}>}[Lead Goal])

I hadn't ever seen the P() function. Thanks for introducing it to me!

sunny_talwar

This might have worked also

SUM({$<[Team] = {'Original'}*P([Team]), Month = {"$(=Month($(vMaxDate)))"}>}[Lead Goal])

sunny_talwar

Actually this should work even better

SUM({$<[Team] *= {'Original'}, Month = {"$(=Month($(vMaxDate)))"}>}[Lead Goal])