cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madnanansari
Creator
Creator

Set Analysis

I have the below function which calculate the number of days till yesterday for the selections made in the filter for Year and month.

If there are no selections; it gives the number of days till yesterday during this month. For example today is 19th of october then this function will give 18. (the first line).

Where there is a selection; let say year 2017; it will give the number of days during the year till yesterday. and viceversa. (second line).

We have upgraded our system from 3.1 to september 2017 (b/c of some bugs to cover). Now the below function is giving '0' for all selections. please help to rectify.

If(getselectedcount([Year])<1 and getselectedcount([Month Year])<1,

Count({$<[Date] = {"<=$(=Today()-1)"},[Year]=,[Month Year]=,[MonthID]= {"$(=((Year(Today()) -1)*12) + Num(Month(Today())))"}>} [Date])

Count({$<[Date] = {"<=$(=Today()-1)"}>} [Date])

)

13 Replies
isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Mohammad,

Probably the Date field format has been messed up with the upgrade. What's the Date field format?

Regards,

Sorin.

madnanansari
Creator
Creator
Author

Date is collected from the QVD file by the following:

Floor(SOH_DATE) as [Date],

isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try to change it to Date(Floor(SOH_DATE) as Date.

The floor function delivers an integer (for example 41382).

Or maybe

Regards,

Sorin.

madnanansari
Creator
Creator
Author

i tried. it also bring '0'.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

try this

If(getselectedcount([Year])<1 and getselectedcount([Month Year])<1, Today() - MonthStart(Today())-1,Today() - YearStart(Makedate(Year))-1)

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
madnanansari
Creator
Creator
Author

this will not work in case if i select multiple years

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

use min(year) instead

If(getselectedcount([Year])<1 and getselectedcount([Month Year])<1, Today() - MonthStart(Today())-1,Today() - YearStart(Makedate(min(Year)))-1)

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
madnanansari
Creator
Creator
Author

this will not work in case if i select month only instead of year

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

your expression was working for month selection too?

may be this

If(getselectedcount([Year])<1 and getselectedcount([Month Year])<1 or  count(p(Month))=1, Today() - MonthStart(Today())-1,Today() - YearStart(Makedate(min(Year)))-1)

Learning never stops.