Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Set analysis / Selections in Qlik Sense

Hi Experts!

I have a complex dimension expression that I am using for selection purposes.  It only references one field (postingDate):

=if(postingDate=Today(1),
 Dual(
     '*Today ' & Date(postingDate,'WWW d MMM yyyy'),
        postingDate
        ),
    Date(postingDate,'WWW d MMM yyyy')
    )

When a user selects a date, the selection shows the full expression as the title of the selection. 

Posting Date selection 1.png

This doesn't really matter, but the problem is that I also have a month to date expression like this:

sum({$ <CalendarYear, Month, postingDate={">=$(=MonthStart(Min(postingDate)))<=$(=Max(postingDate))"}>} lcAmount)

This works fine if you select from the actual posting date field, but does not work if you select the complex table selection.

Any ideas?  I want to keep the table for selection because it highlights weekends and colours alternate weeks:Posting Date selection.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

you need to use aggr() in your calculated dimension expression to scope the selection. See details in this great post by @rwunderlich:

https://qlikviewcookbook.com/2016/01/scoping-selections-with-aggr/

Hope this helps.

Juraj

View solution in original post

4 Replies
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

you need to use aggr() in your calculated dimension expression to scope the selection. See details in this great post by @rwunderlich:

https://qlikviewcookbook.com/2016/01/scoping-selections-with-aggr/

Hope this helps.

Juraj

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Is your MTD formula is correct?

sum({$ <CalendarYear, Month, postingDate={">=$(=MonthStart(Min(postingDate)))<=$(=Max(postingDate))"}>} lcAmount)

For me, This should be like

sum({$ <CalendarYear, Month, postingDate={">=$(=MonthStart(Max(postingDate)))<=$(=Max(postingDate))"}>} lcAmount)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks  I'll try that!

shanemichelon
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Good Pickup. Thanks!