Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Faizoel
Partner - Contributor III

Set analysis "ignored" when applying background color to dimension

Hi In sense v3.2 SR1 3.1 SR2(server) I'm having an issue in a table.

When I add a measure with a set analysis the table is reduced to only the data for that set.

After I add a background color, or text this set-analysis all data is shown, disregarding the set analysis.

Is this a known "feature", or is this a bug and is it solved in a later version? At the client I'm with there is not a way to quickly update to a new version and see what changes.

Anyone know how to work around this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Is your background color based on a measure, e.g. using a condition?

Then add set analysis to this measure , too. Use Only() function, if needed, to be able to use a set expression.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to show this issue?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Is your background color based on a measure, e.g. using a condition?

Then add set analysis to this measure , too. Use Only() function, if needed, to be able to use a set expression.

Faizoel
Author

Hi Thanks for this suggestion. I had seen that before, but didn't try. This still didn't work. In the end I created the calculations in the script so that I had the RGB color for each record.

I then used a Max({<Status = {'status'}>}[color field]). This did the trick.

So lesson learned is also apply set analysis to the background color expression.

edit: missed the set analysis part in your message. With set analysis it also works with only. Thanks for the help!