Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shempgracie
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set expression with multiple filters and a variable not working

Hi All,

I have a scatter plot and I want the user to be able to pick 2 points from the scatter plot, and then have 2 pie charts reflect the market share of each point that was selected (so they can compare market share at point 1 vs market share at point 2).

I have a variable that grabs the point that was selected from the scatter plot (it's called PICK2).

When I use the below expression, and hard code the PLAN that was selected, it works.  When I use the variable, it does not.

Does anyone know how to convert this to use my variable instead of hardcoding it?

This works with hardcoding:

avg({<myFilter1=$::myFilter1, myFilter2=$::myFilter2, PlanName={'Acme Plan'} >}MarketSharePercent)

This does not work with my variable:

avg({<myFilter1=$::myFilter1, myFilter2=$::myFilter2, PlanName=$(Pick2) >}MarketSharePercent)

Thank you in advance!

MNike

Labels (1)
9 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

It should work.
You need to make sure that the output of $(Pick2) is {'Acme Plan'} and not only 'Acme Plan'.
sunny_talwar

May be try this

Avg({<myFilter1=$::myFilter1, myFilter2=$::myFilter2, PlanName = {'$(Pick2)'} >} MarketSharePercent)
shempgracie
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok that may be my problem.  Right now Pick2 is:   Acme Plan.

How can I get my variable to format as {'Acme Plan'}, or how can I change my set expression to handle that?

Thank you!

Mike

shempgracie
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried this, but unfortunately my pie chart was still blank.

Any other thoughts?

Mike

Vegar
MVP
MVP

vPick2 = '{'& Concat(DISTINCT Chr(39) & Pick2 & Chr(39), ', ') & '}';

shempgracie
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok I think we're getting closer! I formatted my variable the way you described.  Now its like this:

Pick2 = {'Acme'}

This continues to work when hardcoded, but still doesn't work with the Pick2 variable.

avg({<myFilter1=$::myFilter1, myFilter2=$::myFilter2, PlanName={'Acme'} >}MarketSharePercent)

I've tried every combination of PlanName=Pick2, PlanName=$(Pick2), etc. and my pie chart is still blank.

Any other ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Mike

shempgracie
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

...and a little more info that may help:

My Pick2 variable now looks like this:

Pick2='{'& Concat(DISTINCT Chr(39) & SubField(GetFieldSelections(PlanName),',',2) & Chr(39), ', ') & '}';

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Do I understand correctly that the SET modifier

PlanName=$(Pick2)

should set PlanName to all selected PlanName?

This is default behavior in Qlik Sense. Can't you just use the expression without the PlanName modifier?

avg({<myFilter1=$::myFilter1, myFilter2=$::myFilter2>}MarketSharePercent)

sunny_talwar

If this is what it is, why don't you just use this

Avg({<myFilter1=$::myFilter1, myFilter2=$::myFilter2, PlanName = P(PlanName)>}MarketSharePercent)

or this

Avg({<myFilter1=$::myFilter1, myFilter2=$::myFilter2, PlanName = $::PlanName>}MarketSharePercent)