Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S1m55r
Contributor III
Contributor III

Show Distinct String values in QlikSense table ?

Version - Qlik Sense Nov 2018

I have table with multiple columns with different datatypes.

In this table i have string based column field with many duplicate values. I wish to show only the Distinct or unique values.

This table i'm going to distribute via N printing as Excel output for further analysis.

Distinct function is not working here. i also tried this formula "=concat(distinct(myfield), ',')" this was referred from another old post.

I wish to do this in Qlik sense only.

Any thoughts ?

@sunny_talwar 

Labels (1)
16 Replies
jaibau1993
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi!

That "=concat(distinct(myfield), ',')" should work... can you share a sample APP os a screenshot?

Regards,

Jaime.

S1m55r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Jaime,

Thank you for your inputs. I did tried as below with Category as field but got invalid dimension as error.

=concat(distinct(Category),',')

Capture.PNG

let me know,

Thanks

jaibau1993
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi!

You are using it as a dimension but it should be used as an expression.

But this made me think. If you are using Category as a dimension then this value is repeated because of some other dimensions. For example, if you create a straight table with Category and Product as Dimensions and Sum(Sales) as Expression, then Category values will appear as many times as different products there are in that categories.

If you don't solve your problem, try to give us more details about the table you are triyng to create (dimensions and expressions you want it to have)

Regards!

Jaime

Kushal_Chawda

try this

=concat ( distinct total (Category),',')

S1m55r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello @jaibau1993 ,

This is a simple table, i'm not doing any calculation here.

I just wanted to distribute this table in N-printing after filtering some values on numerical fields.

Thanks

S1m55r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Kushal_Chawda 

Your solution is giving me a long string with concat

Kushal_Chawda

What is the expected output?

S1m55r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello @Kushal_Chawda,

I wanted to create a simple table without duplicate values in category column. 

Just like Excel table with rows and columns.

E.g. In Qlik table i have added few different dimensions as a column. In category column i have multiple duplicate values. I want a table without duplicate category values. First/any category from the column should be taken and other rows should be ignored.

Thank you

Table Now

Table Now.PNG

Table expected

Category 1 and 2 duplicates should be removed.

Table Expected.PNG

Thank you @Kushal_Chawda 

Kushal_Chawda

Hi, what is the rule to remove duplicate? Here though there are duplicates for category, but there are different region associated with that. On what basis you decide which category with region you need to keep