Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davemontoya
Contributor II
Contributor II

Show all values (rows) in table

Hi, I have a filter, an a table.  I have 4 names (in pair). I put a box number, shows 4 in the count, but names in the qlik table shows 2. How to show all the names (all the rows)?  

In the excel table the two names are identical, example:

1   Cuenca GSM  (with a unique ticket number ex: 11111)

2  Cuenca GSM  (with a unique ticket number , ex: 22222)

3 El Carmen   (with a unique ticket number , ex: 333333)

4 El Carmen   (with a unique ticket number , ex: 444444)

7 Replies
davemontoya
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

screencapture added in attachment
Taoufiq_Zarra

Hi,

If I understood correctly.

my answer is that in Qlik everything is about aggregation, once you have used the count() function an aggregation is displayed so we only keep 2 lines.
if you want to display the 4 add the line number or change the aggregation

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @davemontoya ,

The Qlik engine isn't actually all about aggregation, though sometimes it can appear that way. It is however all about association. Conceptually you can think of all the data being stored as indexes of unique values with pointers to all of the other values they are associated with. In your table you only have the two distinct values, "CUENCA GSM" and "EL CARMEN". They aren't aggregated, but they are associated only with the one Status value "COTIZADO". This can make it look like Qlik is aggregating the data, but really it isn't. If you want to see all of the records you need to add another unique field associated with the Sitio field into your table, such as the ticket number.

I hope that helps to understand things. The asociative engine can easily fool you into thinking it works just like any other set based logic such as a relational database, but it is quite unique and has a great many advantages as a result.

Cheers,

Rod

davemontoya
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks, so, I must show the ticket number? we do not need to show that number, neither put a filter for ticket number. We only want to see the names and the status of the task, also we have another columns with other type of task status, and maybe those status are repetead also, but I need to see all rows. The problem I see with Qliksense its that so many basic things, intuitive things, that you can do in excel, you cannot do here. 

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yes, you need to either add a uniquely identifying field such as your ticket no, or you could add a another unique value such as a row number (which would be another way of letting the reader know how many tasks there are).  I might be misunderstanding your situation, but as a data guy I can't see the value of a list from which I can't pick a unique row. If I've got two tasks with the same name and status but no way of differentiating them how do I know which I'm tracking?

Certainly Qlik Sense is not a spreadsheet replacement and was never intended to be. It's a data visualisation and analysis tool and there's a change of perspective that comes with that statement. There's a lot of things you can't do in a spreadsheet that Qlik Sense can do and the reverse is probably even more true. It's always a matter of picking the right tool for the job if you have that luxury.

davemontoya
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, now I can see the 4 names, it was fixed after I put the column of the unique ticket number in the table, ... at the end, because the idea was that you see the 4 names and the status in the table (or x number of names according to the filter), choose one, and in the right side of the dashboard, there are various txt boxes showing already the ticket number, name, technician, price, province, observation, advance, etc.

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ah I see, that makes sense then. This element of how Qlik works is going to limit your design approach a little then.