Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Show/hide community sheets

Hi,

I have a stream "Stream 1" with an application "App 1".

App 1 has 4 base sheets and 2 community sheets. The number of community sheets will increase in future.

All the community sheet names will be having either "Sales" or "Marketing" in it.

I have created 3 user roles for Stream 1.

StreamCont - contributor role for Stream1. Users can see all 6 sheets.

Sales - should see base sheets+ community sheet containing the string "Sales" in its name.

Marketing - should see base sheets+ community sheet containing the string "Marketing" in its name.

All Stream 1 users will be having role StreamCont to get access to the stream. Sales users will be having an additional role sales and Marketing users will have StreamCont and Marketing roles.

Please help me to achieve this.

13 Replies
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I am also trying with the below configuration.

user: contributor

role: StreamCont

show: all 6 sheets

user: sales

role: sales

show: 5 sheets - base+sales community sheet

user: marketing

role: marketing

show: 5 sheets - base+marketing community sheet

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I am trying with both options mentioned above for roles.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Not sure if this would work since I cannot test it by myself.....

For 1st group :- ((user.@contributorUsers="contributorUsers" and resource.objectType="sheet"))

For 2nd Group:-

((user.@SalesGroup="SalesGroup" and resource.objectType="sheet" and resource.name!="marketing community" ))

For 3nd Group:-

((user.@SalesGroup="SalesGroup" and resource.objectType="sheet" and resource.name!="Sales community" ))

Community sheets are like dynamic as you'd not know what will be the name of new sheet...

Maybe Marketing_* for all marketing sheets in rule and Sales_* for all sales sheets could work?

To do all this either you have to create a custom property by checking Apps, Stream etc or add these users in your AD groups and separate them by Sales Group, Marketing Group etc...

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

Naming convention is as you already suggested - community sheets names starts with Sales/Marketing.

I would like to remove the dependency on custom properties, because all users would need to be tagged with custom properties which will be tedious.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

I guess the cleanest way is to add users into your company AD

SalesAD Group- Qlik Sales Users

MarketingAD Group- Qlik Marketing Users

ContentAD Group- Contributor Users

this would not be maintained by you.. less of headache and clean security rules.

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Is there a way to show only base sheets and hide community sheets?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Not sure if there is any rule associated with hiding that but if you want why not remove them access to publish the sheet instead?

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

End users should be able to publish the community sheets. But not everyone should see, that is the requirement

MK9885
Master II
Master II

It is do able if you know the sheet names...

sorry I do not have access to QMC Security section to test but the rules I gave you should work except instead of using custom property use User.Group..

Better way is to install a proxy and use header authentication to login as different users to see what they see without asking them for your testing..