Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dferreirogft
Contributor III
Contributor III

Smart Search Performance

HI All,

I'm doing an assesment in order to use Qlik sense as plattform for my application and I have one doubt:

I saw in some demos that you can search a complex sentence in the search bar and Qlik automatically detects the field values an do a multifilter.

I need to know how better is it working with a data model with around 40M rows.

Many thanks!

Dany

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Associative search in Qlik Sense uses proprietary algorithms to index data in order to speed up performance. We have stress tested the search under high leads and 40M rows do not sound like they will break the house. You may notice some delay the first time you start your search, as that is when indexing happens, but after that the results should be really fast (since data is being accessed in RAM and is indexed)

Regards,

Vinay

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Why it should not work?

Offcourse it all depends on datamodel and hardware.

But Sense will amaze you!

dferreirogft
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I know it wil work, I need to know how will it work. Too slow? Too fast?

Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Associative search in Qlik Sense uses proprietary algorithms to index data in order to speed up performance. We have stress tested the search under high leads and 40M rows do not sound like they will break the house. You may notice some delay the first time you start your search, as that is when indexing happens, but after that the results should be really fast (since data is being accessed in RAM and is indexed)

Regards,

Vinay