Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting Block Charts

Hi -

I am trying to change the order of my block chart in Qlik Sense so that the levels are in logical orger (None, Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Unanwered). How can I change the order that the blocks appear in? Is there an expression I should be using somewhere?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

By definition, a Treemap or Block Chart is sorted by Value (descending).

Given your screenshot, I guess you are using a Treemap as a "Legend" maybe for another visualization. If so, then add a Measure with slighty different and incremental values to the Dimension values.

For example:

None, 1.009

Basic, 1.008

Intermediate, 1.007

Advanced, 1.006

Unanwered, 1.005

You coul also use a Table to accomplish the same result and maybe you could sort it more easily by giving each Level an integer value using an INLINE table in the script editor:

LOAD * INLINE [

Level, sort_level

None, 1

Basic, 2

Intermediate, 3

Advanced, 4

Unanwered, 5

];

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

By definition, a Treemap or Block Chart is sorted by Value (descending).

Given your screenshot, I guess you are using a Treemap as a "Legend" maybe for another visualization. If so, then add a Measure with slighty different and incremental values to the Dimension values.

For example:

None, 1.009

Basic, 1.008

Intermediate, 1.007

Advanced, 1.006

Unanwered, 1.005

You coul also use a Table to accomplish the same result and maybe you could sort it more easily by giving each Level an integer value using an INLINE table in the script editor:

LOAD * INLINE [

Level, sort_level

None, 1

Basic, 2

Intermediate, 3

Advanced, 4

Unanwered, 5

];