cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
godfreydaniels
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sorting a bar chart by two criteria in Sense

In the below image, I want to sort so that Nation is first, A is second, then A1 thru A4 by descending value.  In the settings it looks as though this is possible, but it is not working.  I've created a Sort column, where Nation is 1, A is 2, and the others are 3.  I made the dimension the primary sort column, checked 'by Expression,' and entered, '=Max(Sort).'  Then I checked to sort by value, descending.  (I also tried with the dimension by expression only, and the measure by descending value.)

temp.png

When I choose to sort only by the 'Sort' column OR descending value, each works correctly.  When I try to combine them, A1-A4 seem to display by load order.  How can I achieve the desired result?  The app is attached.

Thanks

7 Replies
sibusiso90
Creator III
Creator III

Please find the attached below for your sorting issue. I hope you find this helpful. You will just switch off your legend. Pity Qliksense doesn't have text in chart.

Qliksense sorting.JPG

godfreydaniels
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Sibusiso, but I can't see what you did--your attached file looks like my own.  Did you attach the right one?

Thanks

sibusiso90
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Godfrey

I have changed the name and made it clearly differential
Please find the below attachment and let me know if you still have issues.

Kindest Regards

Sibusiso

godfreydaniels
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you--I can see what you did in this one.  It achieves the desired effect, but unfortunately can't be used in my case.  My sample app is just a proof-of-concept, but the real app would have hundreds of territories, so I will need to use a single measure.

Thanks again for your help.

Edit: I replied in the wrong place--this was meant as a reply to Sibusiso's second reply.

sibusiso90
Creator III
Creator III

You can use expection function e() to exclude the first few elements then you all the rest of the elements will be shown, will respond with an example in an hours time

sibusiso90
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Godfrey

As promised please find the attached document for the idea I was talking about in the above comment.

plexpro52
Creator
Creator

Hello Sibusiso,

Is there an advantage to using the e() function:

sum({<Relation_display3=e({<Relation_display3={'A','Nation'}>}Relation_display3)>}Value)

...over simply using the "not in" operator?  I.e.,

sum({<Relation_display3-={'A','Nation'}>}Value)

Thanks,

René