Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

acbishop2
Contributor

Specify Minimum for X-Axis

Hello All,

I have a bar graph that displays days between marketing and response. I made the x-axis continuous because I want to show gaps if there are any. Regardless of the filters, I need my graph to start at 0. Here's what my graph looks like without filters:

Help1.JPG

The problem happens when I use a filter to look at specific marketing methods. For example, in the chart below, responses start coming in after 12 days, therefore setting the x-axis minimum to 12.

Help2.JPG

Any ideas? As always, I appreciate the help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mikaelsc
Contributor III

Re: Specify Minimum for X-Axis

Count([Marketing Effort])+0*Count({1<DeltaDate={"<=$(=max(DeltaDate)) "}>}[Marketing Effort])

(i obviously created the delta date field in the script -- use it as dimension as well... it's cleaner

10 Replies
isingh30
Contributor III

Can you share your data or sample application?

Thanks.

vvira1316
Valued Contributor II

You may want to set Static Min to 0. refer to following link, not exactly same situation but will help in understanding.

Force 0 check box may also help

Data Point Value is not completely visible in a Bar Chart with a Log Scale

acbishop2
Contributor

Here's some (very) simplified sample data, as well as a sample app. Notice how when you select certain marketing efforts with the filter, the x-axis minimum changes.

acbishop2
Contributor

Thanks for the response, Vijay, but I'm needing help with Qlik Sense, not QlikView. ...unless there is a hidden static min box that I'm just not seeing...

acbishop2
Contributor

Ishtdeep,

I still haven't been able to figure this out. Can you take a look at it again? I added the data above.

digvijay‌, you've been able to help me with problems like this before. Is this possible?

acbishop2
Contributor

This is what I feared. Thanks for confirming.

mikaelsc
Contributor III

adapt your measure? Count([Marketing Effort])+0*Count({1}[Marketing Effort])

acbishop2
Contributor

Mikael,

You're a genius. This definitely works for the problem I posed, but it brings up one more issue: this creates both a static minimum and a static maximum (which I don't want). Is there any way to make it so that the static minimum is set to 0 but the maximum changes depending on the data displayed (affected by the filter chosen)?

mikaelsc
Contributor III

Count([Marketing Effort])+0*Count({1<DeltaDate={"<=$(=max(DeltaDate)) "}>}[Marketing Effort])

(i obviously created the delta date field in the script -- use it as dimension as well... it's cleaner

Community Browser