Creator III

Store command qvd not working qliksesne

Hello ,

I am facing very strange issue while storing txt file in qliksense:

I have below connection:-

Aspiring_Developer_0-1597225716260.png

Aspiring_Developer_1-1597225851009.png

Now i writing the store syntax like this:-

Store Users into [lib://Site HR (ad_admin.kkishor)/HR Divisions Scorecard/Security/Users_New.txt](txt);

I have entered my connection name as well but still the txt file  is not created at the location. I am not able to understand what i am missing . Can any one please help ?

@Anil_Babu_Samineni @sunny_talwar @Gysbert_Wassenaar @p_verkooijen 

Thanks in advance

13 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

STORE Users INTO 'lib://YourConnectionName/Users_Name.txt' (txt);

Aspiring_Developer
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@tresesco 

I tried , it didn't worked

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you have further folders you need to define there. As an example, From your string. It should be like

Store Users into 'lib://Site HR (ad_admin.kkishor)/HR Divisions Scorecard/Security/Users_New.txt' (txt);

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Aspiring_Developer
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni 

Tried , didn't worked. It is nit creating any text file at the location.

Aspiring_Developer_0-1597233421981.png

STORE Users INTO 'lib://Site HR (ad_admin.kkishor)/HR Divisions Scorecard/Security/Users_New.txt' (txt);

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Are you getting any error message? Is there (by chance) any exit script before this line? Can you share your script snippet and the data load progress window screen shot? Also make sure that you are looking at the right folder for the stored file.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you go this folder which you created connection "Site HR (ad_admin.kkishor)" and then place one file which Qlik can read. Then go to script then go to connection and you can go to till where you want to and check If the string what you loaded and where you stored is correct? // I meant, with Slashes {i.e. Forward or Backward) as well

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The statement you are running looks correct. You definitely need the format specifier at the end ((txt)) or it will save a QVD with a .txt extension, which will confuse things.

The most likely issue is permissions to that location.

First up, I would manually create the Security folder, as whilst it should be created by Sense it is a potential blocker.

Next copy and paste the path into a File Explorer window, and check it opens. From your screengrabs it looks like it will, but always worth checking.

The most likely issue is security on that location. Remember that when you are reading or writing in Sense it is not your own user account that is being used, rather that of the Sense server service account (you can check what this is in Services). Ensure that this user has full write permissions in that location.

If your service account has RDP access to the server, you could RDP to the server as that user account and try creating a file that way - as this will prove or disprove that security settings are the issue.

If you have a file at that location already, and that is open in Excel, that will stop the creation of a new file.

Also (to state the obvious) the table Users must have previously been created.

If you can post the error message (either copy and paste or screengrab) here that will help diagnose.

Good luck!

Aspiring_Developer
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@stevedark 

Hello Steve,

Many Thank for sharing you insights.

Unfortunately, i am not getting any error.

I tried to create the txt file using qlikview and it worked. Below is the script:-

User_Final:
Load
upper(NTNAME) as NTNAME,
All_SITE.REFERENCE as SITE.REFERENCE,
upper(All_SITE.REFERENCE) as UPPERSITE,
upper(GROUPE.REFERENCE) as GROUPE.REFERENCE,
upper(ACCESS) as ACCESS,
upper(COMPAGNIE.REFERENCE) as COMPAGNIE.REFERENCE,
upper(DIVISION.REFERENCE) as DIVISION.REFERENCE,
upper(BU.REFERENCE) as BU.REFERENCE,
upper(REGROUPEMENT.REFERENCE) as REGROUPEMENT.REFERENCE,
upper(PERIMETER) as PERIMETER
resident Users;
//drop table Users;

rename Table User_Final to Users;

Store Users into [Y:\POG_Sources_Documents\HR Divisions Scorecard\Security\Users_QVTEST.txt](txt);

The above qlikview script created the txt file at location.

I created a new connection , changed the format to store to csv , still didn't worked.

Aspiring_Developer_0-1597323063803.png

Store command:- Store Users into [lib://DeleteVB (ad_admin.kkishor)/Users_New.csv](txt);

Aspiring_Developer_1-1597323091471.png

I am able to store qvd's in the location but not text files. If it is the case of permission, how can i check it from my end.

Thanks in advance

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That is very strange that you are getting no error, but the file is not there. Also strange that the format makes a difference to whether it works.

Just to confirm, if you change both the csv and txt to be qvd the file creates correctly as you would expect?

The screenshot looks a little odd, as usually when you hit return after entering a path Sense puts each part of the path in a little box. Does this happen for you?

It's important not to put csv in the brackets at the end, as this is not a valid format specifier, it needs to be qvd or txt.

I'm wondering if Users might be a reserved word, what if you don't do the rename and store [User_Final] instead?

When the QVD is written does it have any rows? (QViewer is a quick way to check this).

Cheers,

Steve