cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geertdeman
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sum value for max date

I need the total  value for each company for the maximum month (and also for maximum month -1).  My calculation is working as long there is data for all months but once there is a month missing (in the example november is missing for company A)  the calculation of that value is wrong.  This is the calculation I used for Sum Cur Month: sum({<YearMonth={"$(=Date(max(Date#(YearMonth, 'MMM-YYYY')),'MMM-YYYY'))"}>}
Counter). 

The calculation that I used for column current month is working like expected: Date(max(Date#(YearMonth, 'MMM-YYYY')),'MMM-YYYY')

Why is that sum function not using the maximum month value for that company as filter, it seems like it is using november 2018 for all companies

sum example.jpg(Photo shows a simplified version of the data, it is also possible to filter on company, period and a couple of other dimensions.  Data should be updated with the selected filters)

Labels (1)
13 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are you picking one of the two dimensions based on this variable value? $(vAux.Compliance.QPPVFlagValue)
geertdeman
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

correct
sunny_talwar

Then I believe dollar sign expansion should work

$(= '[' & Pick($(vAux.Compliance.QPPVFlagValue),
'REC_COMP_CATEGORY_CHANGED',
'REC_COMP_REGION_GROUPING',
) & ']')
geertdeman
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

it didn't work the first time, I tried to modify it and changed it back to your solution and it is working now!