Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III

Table properties

Hi,

I need your help for creating one table. I need to create one table with structure:

DIMENSION                            MEASURE                                             MEASURE

A                                             F11                                                      F12                               

B                                             F21                                                      F22

C                                             F31                                                      F32

D                                             F41                                                      F42

The fact is that i don't have this dimension like dimension from database. A, B, C and D are names of this measures, that I don't have in database in one dimension. But I want make one table that will include all this names of measures, and every field has different formula.

How can I make it?

Thank you,

Best regards from Bosnia and Herzegovina

1 Reply
Not applicable

May I offer another example to see if I understand you correctly?  Are you trying to arrive at something like this:

Measure Type          2017          2016

Sales                        1000            500

Units Sold               12000          7000

Customers                  500            300

and you are starting with a fact table that looks like this?

Year          Sales          Units Sold          Customers

2016            500                   7000                     300

2017          1000                 12000                     500

If so, you could do something to manufacture a dimension with the measure type and manipulate your data to the final format.  There are a few ways you could do this.  For example,

Result:

Load

'Sales' as [Measure Type],

Year,

Sum(Sales) As sum_amount

From  Source_Data_Set

Group By

Year

;

Concatenate

Load

'Units Sold' as [Measure Type],

Year,

Sum([Units Sold]) As sum_amount

From  Source_Data_Set

Group By

Year

;

Concatenate

Load

'Customers' as [Measure Type],

Year,

Sum([Customers]) As sum_amount

From  Source_Data_Set

Group By

Year

;

You could then create a crosstab of Measure Type x Year and aggregate the sum_amount.

Or, I could have misunderstood you and just wasted five minutes of your life.  Sorry.