Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ellenblackwell
Partner - Contributor III

Text and background image do not resize together

When I resize my Sense Desktop window, the background image and related text (which are contained in a single Text & Images object) separate. It looks like the background image and text in the object are being treating as two separate items. Any idea how I can solve this?  Thanks! Ellen

Text & Images object in full-screen viewSame, single object when I resize for evaluating mobile view
Stat_object_normal.PNG.pngStat_object_resized.PNG.png
7 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I think if you force the background image to always 'stretch to fit', there will always be a part of the image behind the text

Untitled.png

ellenblackwell
Author

Actually, those are the settings I'm using. Image and text still become separated on the vertical axis.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Tried to reproduce but could not...  This was done on 1.0.1 in case you are on an older version.

Attached is the image i tried.  If you find this works differently, i'd be interested in testing your image that shows this issue.

Capture.PNG.png

ellenblackwell
Author

Thank you. I believe the issue occurred because I was using an svg image. Let me know if you experience the same with an svg.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Ok i see it.  SVG images don't actually 'stretch' whereas other images do. Without stretching, depending on the shape of the image, white gaps appear as the width or height becomes relatively smaller.

I'll submit it to support to see what happens.

Can you convert the SVG to another format to get you moving ?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

It looks like the SVG image remains centred but the text is top aligned. If you change the vertical alignment of the text to Centred, they may remain in alignment as you stretch.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I have heard more...

Currently, Qlik Sense does NOT support SVG images for background images.  We may see support in the future.  This is the reason for this behaviour.