Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

TimeStamp Column converted to General

Hi,

i have encountered a problem using qliksense using Oracle 11g as my datasource. i have this data mart consisted of mostly Timestamp columns. somehow when i use data manager to load the data, qliksense recognize my Timestamp Columns as general and all of them converted to Number. any of you guys have encounterd the same problem? how is the way around for that because i have around 80 Columns and its quite a job to use timestamp function for all of the column one by one hehe.

thank you

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, timestamp values are actually just numbers. By marking a field as a Timestamp field you give a hint to Qlik Sense to treat the field as a timestamp instead of just a number. So it will apply the default timestamp format to it for you. I'm afraid that Qlik Sense isn't smarter than that at the moment. So, yes, you'll have to change the setting for each field from General to Timestamp yourself. Or just leave them as they are and do the formatting in the front end chart objects.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

well, its quite an effort ya. so still no way around for this ya? every table consisted timestamp columns we have to flag that as timestamp in qliksense again even in the original database the columns is in timestamp format?

is the Set Timestamp format in the beginning of load script has anything to do with this?

Thank you