cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sindhurasivakoti12
Contributor II
Contributor II

To display YTD data by using filter pane

I want to select particular year and month using filter pane. I want to display data by selecting year,month simultaneously and display data for YTD. I want to get data of both Jan and Feb while I select Feb in filter pane.Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sindhurasivakoti12
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yeah.It worked. But it is for measures i.e we are displaying count . But I need to pass date as parameter and show the data.Is it possible??Thanks in advance.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try an expression like this

Count({<OrderYear, OrderMonth, OrderDate = {"$(='>=' & Date(YearStart(Max(OrderDate)), 'YYYY-MM-DD') & '<=' & Date(Max(OrderDate), 'YYYY-MM-DD'))"}>} Sales)
sindhurasivakoti12
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yeah.It worked. But it is for measures i.e we are displaying count . But I need to pass date as parameter and show the data.Is it possible??Thanks in advance.

sunny_talwar

I am not sure I follow... do you have a sample you can share?
sindhurasivakoti12
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

In the screenshot, I have written the measure as suggested by you,but it is passing numeric values to expression which is measure i.e

count({<OrderYear, OrderMonth,
OrderDate = {"$(='>=' & Date(YearStart(Max(OrderDate)), 'YYYY-MM-DD') & '<=' & Date(Max(OrderDate), 'YYYY-MM-DD'))"}>}Sales)

But here I want to pass date as parameter for expression.Is it possible??

sunny_talwar

So, you want to Count the Date instead of Sales?
manoranjan3359
Contributor II
Contributor II

Yes exactly.

sunny_talwar

Then change Sales to Date...

Count({<OrderYear, OrderMonth,
OrderDate = {"$(='>=' & Date(YearStart(Max(OrderDate)), 'YYYY-MM-DD') & '<=' & Date(Max(OrderDate), 'YYYY-MM-DD'))"}>} OrderDate)
sindhurasivakoti12
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

In the below screenshot,I have selected 2018 Aug,but I need to get data from Jan to Aug i.e YTD . But the data for August is displaying.

sunny_talwar

I have no idea what you are trying to do my friend. Would you be able to share a sample qvf and let me know what you want to see as the final output?